So, why is he the good guy again?

So, why is he the good guy again?

Attached: [email protected] (2000x1270, 183.86K)

Why would he be a bad guy?

Ya'll gotta stop thinking as Valve as a video game company. They're a tech company that also makes video games occasionally when they're bored.

Gabe stopped giving a fuck about it all a while ago, I guarantee he's just chillin on his billion dollars.

um cause i loooooove half life :)

I can't blame him desu. He probably new the vidya industry would become the shitfest that it was today and saw that it's just not worth it to make another Half life.

Good by modern standards because he never went completely evil. Imagine steam but owned by facebook and you can kinda get the idea of what that would look like. As soon as he dies steam users are fucked.

Because he created Valve that changed game industry forever

Again?

Because the alternative to Steam was a platform where you own nothing. Because he got in early and set a standard for how PC games are digitally distributed you aren't paying a monthly fee to keep games you love. And don't act like this wouldn't have happened because it ended up happening with every other media industry. Digital platforms where you own nothing and have no control over the content. Steam is far from perfect but it's better than all the alternatives.

Damn, he finally lost weight. Good for him.

GabeN only cares about your money, but won't go out of his way to dick you out of it. Instead he will entice you and seduce you with good deals, and you will want to give it to him.

At a time when all the PC game developers were moving to consoles he kept their game meant for PC.

>that also makes video games occasionally when they're bored.
that's not how game development works, you don't just get bored and decide to fuck around with a multi year workflow involving hundreds of people.

>Because the alternative to Steam was a platform where you own nothing
On Steam you own nothing too. In the eula on Steam it says as such. Access to your games may be restricted at any time for any reason. And it has happened to some people who have got banned.

he and we believe in open source, modularity, and video games :)

He's a "good guy" only by relative standars, but it's because his basic attitude is one of staying hands-off (often to a fault) and letting the users use his service how they want within fairly generous limits unless and until some hustler looking to game the system or plain edgy niggerfaggots insist on forcing his hand to step in and introduce more rigid limits.

>gets interviewed on ausfag tv
>nobody knew who the fuck he was
lel

I care more about their work on proton and the steam controller than any videogames they may of made

He was fashionably late to a supervillain party

>loot boxes
>stores in video games
ye he changed it.

In retrospect, he probably did more good than harm with Steam.
Imagine if a company such as EA started the whole digital distribution hype instead of him.

Attached: missing1.jpg (1000x1000, 915.62K)

he seeks to dethrone windows

>So, why is he the good guy again?
He hates Microsoft. That for me makes him a shining god. I like Phil Spencer and it genuinely shocks me that Microsoft hasn't replaced Phil with a 'yes man'. Microsoft want to rape and kill you and everyone you know. Microsoft are one of the most evil companies (tied with apple) in existence.

Fuck Microsoft, the only good things they've ever done in their lives is W95, WXP, W7 and One Note. Every other thing they've every done from gaming to the computer industry have been pure poison and all they truly care about is raping your face with a burning iron cock.

t. IT Support asshole who is only employed cause Microsoft are incompetent at building quality software.

I look foward to your xbot posts telling me
B-B-BUT SNOY MUCH WORSE!

I have a Switch, PS5 and a PC.
FUCK MICROSOFT!

The only bad thing they're doing is allowing trannies from campo santo to ban Japanese games from steam for no reason.