This fucker represents a serious problem with the design of this game. As soon as he is acquired...

This fucker represents a serious problem with the design of this game. As soon as he is acquired, the open world traversal gets reduced to simply just running past brainless mobs for hours.
The method of traversal in the game world should ideally scale with the player, and the world should be designed around it as such.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (560x532, 93.78K)

>tfw no Torrent gf

You don't have to use it. Stop bitching about pointless shit you fucking mongoloid

Maybe your method of traversal is wrong.
Nothing's stopping you from fighting the mobs, not that there's much of them in the first place away from locations you'd visit and need to get off, anyways

Imagine bitching about a horse in a game that has fast travel, you could've at LEAST bitched about that, then you might've had a point, but no;
"A horse is faster than my enemies? BAD GAME DESIGN!!!!"
That's you.
Cocksucker.

What part of my post qualifies as 'bitching'? Am we not supposed to critique any part of the design of any game ever made on a board made to discuss video games? retard

If they removed fast travel you'd just be running past enemies for an extra 50-100 hours instead. the problem would still exist

What it does is makes clearing enemies in the overworld faster. You should have had a couple more mounted attacks to really drive that home but you certainly shouldn't be skipping enemies. Maybe ones that you have already killed and reset at graces but most of the overworld mobs are just fodder that die in 2-3 hits or a single mounted charged attack. They are usually grouped together too so you get hits on multiple enemies with long weapons. You need some kind of charging attack and a 360 crowd control spin to actually make mounted combat feel nice. Even a ground slam out of a jump would be nice. Just options that actually give you incentive to fight more as you explore. I suggest having a weapon you specifically use for mounted combat.

The whole OP qualifies as bitching, bitch.

This is such a trivial fucking complaint I'm actually starting to believe Discord trannies are making these threads with botlike dedication.
Optimistic they'll make an open world Sekiro-style game with movement options that are unlocked as the game progresses like you mentioned.
Now fuck off and take a break from the genre OP.

stop bitching about my bitching then, bitch

running past enemies has always been a thing in dark souls since most of them have AI patterns made around fighting you and not catching you. I believe Elden Ring has added plenty of reasons to incentivise you to fight as clearing a pack of mobs recharges your flasks, and most small ruins areas always have some kind of basement you'd want to see what the reward is in there. It doesn't punish you for running past, but saying it's designed for you to run past everything in the overworld is absolutely wrong

That's how it always was in from games, if its not a boss then you can freely ran past it 99% of the time, whole souls shit is a joke

I just might but not because you told me to, bitch.

I have to agree, the horse should come much later in the game and there should be several tiers, the first one being very basic with no highjump or doublejump capabilities and a big cooldown if it gets killed. I would have liked demon mounts or something that you could unlock by defeating them and imprisoning them. I guess they still had budget and time constraints though, got to cut back somewhere

Attached: 1652455635874.jpg (243x240, 19.9K)

Caelid crows and big dogs are actually faster than Torrent and many elite enemies have ranged attacks that will dismount you in 2 hirs.
OP is a retard.

you can run directly past everything in the game that isn't either the tribal bowmen or lobster snipers

>the horse should come much later in the game
This certainly shouldn't happen. This is the opposite of what should be done. You just need more combat options. You need to make it so mounted combat is actually fun. Some kind of running charge attack would make moving from group to group of enemies less boring and a 360 spin slash would give you enough CC to stay mounted. Then the problem would be never wanting to do unmounted combat but I think there would be a good balance naturally with the different sizes of enemies. For large enemies you fight unmounted and for groups of fodder you just do mounted combat.

there shouldnt be an open world cause the open world is a waste of fucking time lol
turrent just goes to show how shitty the game is when he's a liability to use due to not having i-frames anyway

Another option is to make spirit summons available in every area of the overworld and not make them despawn over time. You should also be able to resummon if they die. Spirits are a good supplementary damage option for the overworld.

Honestly I don't think there was a lot that could be done for the combat while riding the horse, anything more complex would make the battles either longer or way more tedious.

What they could have done better is to make him more relevant to us. He's a traveling tool only, he has no customization options or too many animations. You don't really feel anything if he ever dies.

A simple fix would have been more interactions with the player. Give some option while resting on a Sites of Grace to pet his head or let him free roam in a limited way.

Attached: 1649622222159.png (952x898, 909.14K)

>defeat Fire Giant
>Torrent pretty much vanishes for the rest of the game
>not even summonable for the final fight

Sadly I think this is the more realistic option that AAA devs take. Why add more combat options when you can just let us pet the horse?

What do you see wrong with ?
A charging attack and 360 slash is all you would need to add even the slightest bit of depth to the mounted combat. Hell you could even do what you suggested as well. Give us horse armor than changes stats.

Or some part of the game where he's taken away from you and you have to get him back.

Spiked horse armor that does damage on impact like those thorn sets could be good too.