Skull bone

What's so hard about making a readable HUD?

Attached: skull2.jpg (1048x567, 169.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y1G8NsAxCC0
youtube.com/watch?v=fgy4WZ9ta7E)
youtube.com/watch?v=JmPfESjSULw&t=23m10s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm always surprised when I see plain white text with no background. A very basic 1 pixel black outline would have made the text infinitely more readable, but you don't see outlined text very often in video games.

Attached: skull.jpg (1038x563, 128.75K)

the ui designer always has to go through a product manager who doesnt care about the end product as long as they meet their aggressive deadlines. Furthermore they often suffer from "oh this feature NEEDS this" and aren't willing to stray from industry norms because they rarely look at the big picture of how the UI from these different mechanics fit together

And chances are different teams are even in charge of different features, and likely not talking to eachother when it comes to UI

So did it end up being a Black Flag/Rogue clone or a Sea of Thieves clone?

>Fulfill: Jars of Oil (0/1)
then, you read what's above and it only get better.

What's surreal is that this is pretty much the ONLY people in other tech companies that have total freedom on both time and budget: designers. Getting people "hooked" through perfect visual manipulation and with satisfying icons is a literal there.

>*literal artform there

The art of repeating the exact same thing many times.

Attached: lol.jpg (699x340, 39.25K)

Designers != UX/UI designers

This is what happens when you don't have a UX/UI Designer.

>no boarding, which means no land and ship-to-ship combat
>no progress between different, awesome ships like pic related
>downgrade in every aspect, even in the calligraphy
>no travel between oceans and islands
>DLCs, season pass, exclusive content on social media and service in-game
>no choosing to be a pirate hunter working with different empires
>mfw no Spanish imperial navy as captain
>mfw THIS demo is ages better than today: youtu.be/y1G8NsAxCC0
Fuck those french fags, this was MY waiting game and they're ruined it for me.
I just waited this game in vain

Attached: Galley-knightshospitaller.jpg (250x184, 14.94K)

>No boarding
These people are literal retards

In fairness, that trailer the official trailer from Ubisoft (youtube.com/watch?v=fgy4WZ9ta7E) has 300k views, which isn't a lot for a game of this size. It might just be DOA.

>HUD
>UI
>UX
>""""Designer""""

Reminder that people that push these terms have RUINED video games with their useless jobs

Industry was better off without them and without menu and shit

Attached: 8f799d5f3c0d4415deb596a65ec28e59.jpg (564x1087, 37.12K)

Even a Mount & Blade mod did it better lmao:
youtube.com/watch?v=JmPfESjSULw&t=23m10s

How hard was it to make Black Flag 2
Hell you already did it, it's called Rogue
Just do that again but with GTA Online's multiplayer so people can play with their frens and add a billion microtransactions like you always do

Attached: 1563496405913.jpg (310x445, 11.82K)

yea aaahh user interface i cant believe theres a term for that im so mad about that

Recently replayed Black Flag and all they had to do was
>make interesting world to sail around, don't worry about it being tied to the real world or history other than basic pirate-y time period
>get rid of worst parts of AssCreed gameplay like tailing (holy shit this is the worst part)
>greatly expand on ships, like allowing different types and customization with what kinds of armaments you put on your ship
>more types of cargo to plunder
>expand on the island gameplay to more pirate activities, plantation raiding is neat but needs more to do
>maybe even let you set up small rest spots on small islands like those random bars you can find
>maybe crew customization
>pirate cove can grow into entire free port town if you keep investing in it
>more harpooning and other ocean activities
Black Flag felt like this perfect basis for an all time great pirate game if it had a sequel that ditched AssCreed and expanded on the sailing stuff

This

Benchode designers ruined the fucking industry

I dunno what you have. The game has a awesome UI/UX.

>No cum meter

holy shit, theres no getting off the ship and exploring the islands? and theres no hand to hand combat at all?
what a joke LMFAO dead on arrival. ubishart does it again