Video game will never look this good

Video game will never look this good

Attached: 1617754121716.jpg (1920x1080, 261.46K)

I wish Odyssey was more like this. Its pretty linear so far, even if the structure i ls supposed to be more open.

They already are.

Attached: R (5).png (1600x900, 1.26M)

>stiff pose for Mario
>displaying the ugly edges of the map like that
What a waste.

good it looks a bit shit

Is that a Micky Mouse reference?

how come nintendo is so...soulless?

They're getting there.

Attached: 1649684631398.webm (720x540, 2.93M)

what mod is this?

sonic adventure looked better than that.

I'm playing it for the first time too, I'm not really having that good of a time with it. I just got done with the wood planet and it was pretty much a straight line, all of the side moons I needed to move on were basically on my way.

Yeah but it didn't play better

>replacing the ocean with mountains
soulless

What's with the macaroni mountain?

NINTENDO

render96

HOLY SOUL
100x better than the unreal engine carbon copies but with copious amounts of bloom and reflections

both sonic adventure games effortlessly dabbed on every mario """game""" ever made in terms of gameplay, lil zoom. mario was the original tlou by comparison.

Attached: speedhighway.webm (720x576, 2.56M)

Something about this just looks soul-less. Even the movement looks “generic”? The magical aspect seems lacking. I have the same issue with all those “LOOK AT HOW AMAZING OOT LOOKS IN THE UNREAL ENGINE!” when it’s just a bunch of asset flipping and models that don’t belong. Gamers seem to have an obsession with graphics rather than style. Graphics always get outdated but style is constant. I mean, look at Wind Waker or SNES games. The graphics are outdated but they still have a lot of character to them that this gif simply does not

This is close, but the lightning is still kind of wrong. Shadows need to be sharp as fuck and the lightning shouldn't use any modern features that couldn't be reproduced on a 3dfx Voodoo.

the animations in that webm are just stock 64 what

The SGI lighting can't be replicated on a 3DFX voodoo. Raytracing is used for reflections and shadows

Meanwhile in reality

Attached: 1649740275945.webm (1440x1080, 2.95M)

True, maybe something a little more modern but it shouldn't use any features that weren't in early versions of OpenGL.

I dont know its missing a lot of that mario magic. The controls are simplistic to a fault too, the game uses three buttons, jump, hat attack and pound, and yet there are three more buttons that could be used but are just used as repeats for the same actions and it hurts the game. Example, to dive you need to jump, ground pound and then jump mid ground pound. Too complicated, needlessly so when you have three extra buttons being ignored. The worst is the dive jump, you need to jump, throw hat and hold throw button, then ground pound, let go of hat button to jump and then jump again as you land into the hat. The complexity becomes stupid, its like a bad mario 64, 64 was complex but controls were nice and responsive.

lmao transventure troons are so delusional

I feel the same way about diving. Especially compared to 64 where it was just B while in the air.

Why have sonic fags gone 20 years thinking jumping from one enormous flat surface to the other is good gameplay because there is metric fucking tons of space between them

you can still see this in shit like sonic utopia which they all creamed over

NINTENDO....

>go
>stop
>go
>stop
>go
>stop
And this is supposed to compete with SUUPAA MARIO 64?

wtf is this real?