Okay Any Forums. Which one is better and explain to us why

Okay Any Forums. Which one is better and explain to us why.

Hard Mode:You can't say "it's Fun"

Attached: 5q4d54qs.png (532x530, 396.17K)

Dnf because there are no trannies playing it

Strive supers
>every character has at least two, usually with very different use cases, ranging from buffs, high damage confirms, reversals, etc
>can be roman canceled for additional utility/be made safe
>many of them act as reversals for characters that don't have meterless ones
>only two are cutscenes and they're both extremely comedic and/or dramatic

Dnf drool supers
>one cutscene super per character that has zero utility aside from high damage confirm, can't even be used as a reversal, they're all 15 seconds+ and watching them has already gotten old

That's just the tip of the iceberg. The difference between a meaty c.S on normal hit, counter hit, or backdash catch (which won't happen if you're being too meaty, making backdash a strong but deliberate wakeup option if you understand the game) is absolutely immense and leads to entirely different combos. DNF funnels you into the same bnbs no matter what happens, the depth of interaction is nonexistent.

tl;dr Strive is a very deep and exciting fighter while dnf was designed for mmo mashers. Any Forumsirgins will tell you strive is braindead but Any Forums doesn't play fighting games, they just parrot whatever streamers say because they have 100 hours in xturd and think they're qualified to act as guilty gear players

After playing DNF Duel for just over a hundred hours, Strive. There's so much wrong with DNF Duel that I actually hesitate to even call it a fighting game. I really like some of the things they did, but it's ultimately a button masher with everybody playing neutral until their screenwide normal pokes so they could begin their BnB. I went to Terr3 before completely dropping the game because there was genuinely no difference between fighting someone at that level and fighting someone at Silver outside of the range they tried their pokes. This excludes the trash online that'd have incredible lagspikes despite both my rig and connection being beyond enough to play the game.
It's an easy game with almost no variation and is worth half the price it asks for at best.

Honestly that's a shame, I like strive and was thinking about picking up DnF, but I was on the edge about it.

The whole mana convert system seems really cool to me as well, which makes it worse that it's a little mechanically simple.

I'm just tired of wall gimmicks and the same 3 characters everywhere on my current floor. DNF is better at the moment just cuz it's something new and refreshing

Strive is so deliberate to the point it's boring. Damage is too high. A lot of options feel restricted in their use. It's not as balls to the wall as the older titles. While not bad it's not for me, I'd rather play +R if I wanted to play Guilty Gear.
DNF feels like an Eighting game. While not the most in depth fighter ever made there's plenty to keep you going. A lot of advanced stuff in the game can actually get pretty difficult depending on the character. Starting a combo with certain moves actually means something instead of fishing for a hit with c.S or 5K into confirm.

dnf. I don't even like dnf but being better than strive isn't a high bar at this or any point.

as if deb could stay away

Attached: 1656195737175.png (1400x1750, 2.16M)

Can someone explain to me why people hate on Strive so much? Last GG I played was Xrd.

It's a stripped down GG made to appeal to people who never played GG before. The game itself isn't bad enough to warrant the hate but it isn't good enough to clear up the bitterness older GG fans hold for it

It's just Any Forums. They gave +R to the people who dont't like it so there's no reason to doompost that hard, unless you're a XRDfag but those don't exist

They made the game way too simplified as well as making damage ridiculously high.
Also attracted a ton of mentally ill in the fanbase as seen with that tranny in a recent big tournament announcing to the audience Trans Rights and Fuck the Supreme Court.

It's fun

I like both because I like the characters, mods, and I want Kunoichi and Chipp to have ninja style sex.

Attached: Galefire Ninja.png (768x1024, 635.77K)

buff Vanguard NOW

Just wait for Project L

DNF at least has less damage so if you are a good player you are likely to do better on DNF than Strive

DNF has cunny so its better

Strive. Because Daisuke Ishiwatari, easily.

If you're a good player why would you do worse in Strive?

I've played the beta for both, and while Strives damage was crazy, at least it took some monicume of skill. Playing the DNF beta and it was so painfully fucking dull for how braindead the controls were.

more damage is an equalization factor past mid level
older GGs also had a similar damage that the new DNF

DNF Duel feels like it was made by someone who saw fighting games before.

massive scrub cope

Strive has proven that the best players place high consistently at tournaments. It's not because of damage.

>DNF at least has less damage
Half the cast in this game confirms a full screen normal into 60% damage. The other half is not used in the slightest.

>Last GG I played was Xrd
did you like constant frc spam and non-commital play in Xrd? if yes, strive is almost as awful an experience once you get to a competent level

Attached: 1654812893337.png (1282x543, 1.18M)

That's complete bullshit because the very second you get down to the last 20% of your health you can just instakill off of any combo. Some of the fighters also have such huge damage that they can kill you from 60% health off of suboptimal combos.

It's SFV but pretending to be anime
That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game, a lot of people like SFV after all, and it sold a shitload and is still pretty popular because of how easy it is and how addicting zero execution 70% combos can be.
Most of the strong opinions come from people that feel betrayed by Arcsys when they got popular and started making mass appeal games instead of niche hardcore fighters, and at the same time also lost a ton of the series' metal/rock aesthetics.

It's like if Zachtronics made an MCU branded bejewelled clone that sold 50 million copies, and then they never made another game more complicated than that again.