Why is Hyper Metal Sonic (from the OVA) still the best Metal Sonic incarnation yet?

Why is Hyper Metal Sonic (from the OVA) still the best Metal Sonic incarnation yet?

Attached: file.png (250x190, 59.97K)

because the one in heroes sucksass

Best Knuckles too.

Attached: 2022-07-08 21_54_42-360 (360×360).png (506x528, 474.87K)

Best Sonic VA as well

Was Sonic OVA really peak Sonic? Its potrayl of every character seems so outdo every other media

I have this vhs still wrapped. Im willing to sell for crypto.

For one, he was actually threatening. 90% of the time he appears in the games Sonic obviously cleanly kicks his ass just like the mecha sonics. In CD he jobs to a wall. Even in Heroes he jobs to every team besides Sonic's before finally taking his final transformation, then he jobs to Team Sonic. It never felt like there were actual real stakes in the Final Story when they just had the asspull emeralds, so it doesn't feel like metal overlord even had a chance when super Sonic and co comes in. But in the OVA metal is legitimately stronger than Sonic is. He wins the first fight with Sonic and only lost the second because of Tails interfering, otherwise Sonic would have been strangled to death. Sonic is the underdog as metal also gets to the pole of the world or whatever it's called before him and poses a real threat to destroy the land of the sky and thus every living organism except Sara and Robotnik. OVA metal's power wouldn't work in the games, or he'd have to appear much less while also having more important appearances (oh no, how terrible), because it wouldn't make sense to have a regular boss battle when the boss is able to beat Sonic in their base form. Part of the point of game metal's existence is that he's weaker than the real thing, and it makes him somewhat underwhelming.
OVA Metal also is more interesting than game metal as a character. Instead of being just a regular expressionless robot (Heroes excluded from this) he has the personality and memories of Sonic. Metal was interesting 20 years ago in Heroes, but after that the entire "I'm the real Sonic" was never brought up again and I don't think he's uttered a single word since.
IDW Metal is also mostly just regular robot metal except with the angel island battle where he also kind of was like how he acted in Heroes.
(cont.)

Best you'll get is $200 max.

If I had it my way Metal would be a lot more like in the OVA and die like in the OVA. The hyper kino tragic half-suicide death where he says his final and only words transcends just about any use you could have him for in anything else.
Character limit is retarded.

late Archie Sonic was better.

Because a killer doppleganger robot with such a sick design who also thinks that he's the real thing will never stop being fucking cool.

It's his best incarnation because SEGA is dead set on either making him a whiny faggot with shit designs like in Heroes or dropping the whole "I'm the real Sonic" angle all together.

I've seen some comic panels on here with Robotnik treating him like his son or some shit, going all "attaboy" when Metal lets him know that he punched Sonic. I wish we had more fun shit like that in the actual games.

Fine by me

Because his character was actually given a complete story in it.

Appeals more to children and autists because of his more subdued design and Sonic-esque cocky attitude. All of his other incarnations have taken on more of an edgy teen approach

That can fly. Fucking based. Also Knuckles is the best friends. Tails can die in a violent great white insurgence.

>There is only one Sonic
Pure fucking kino

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12.4K)

>job job job job job
Why do people call every single defeat "jobbing" nowadays? He's a villain and a boss character, he's supposed to lose so that you can progress with the game.

>Why do people call every single defeat "jobbing"
And how many times did he even win a simple encounter?

It's jobbing because he loses no matter what

No shit, Sherlock, if he wins then you're not progressing and the game is unwinnable.

>What are unwinnable bosses?
And on top of that, there should've been one cutscene or moment that shows Metal overpowering you, but that never happens, instead, every time you face him, he jobs.

Please, do not design characters or write a story.

Attached: file.png (780x1200, 1.56M)

So like Sonic Forces where Sonic gets his ass walloped by Zavok, Metal Sonic, Shadow, Chaos 0, and Infinite just to show how super-awesome and strong and scary the new villain is who then loses every boss fight during the game?

>he'll crush you
Is this an smbz reference?