Any more examples of this?

Any more examples of this?

Attached: Guaranteed zoomer replies.png (2560x987, 2.05M)

Metroid is like 15 minutes, Castlevania, idk.
I realllllly fucking hate indie games after having played a couple.
Hollow Knight or whatever it's called, which I haven't played, seems like a fair deal for $20 though.

It does seem like a fair deal, then you realize the combat is simple and gets old quick
backtracking is boring due to how empty and big the maps are, and the dlc focuses on the combat, without improving it in any way

>then you realize the combat is simple and gets old quick
So is the combat in a lot of classic games like the ones listed.

Yeah, and this is a game that released 20 years later than most of those

Irrelevant. Hollow knight's combat is fine. I think the core of giving you mobility and a pogo sword to avoid shit is fun. More variety on offensive tactics would be nice though.

HK has 35 hours of content.
the initial price was like 15 bucks, the price is nothing now and even less with steam sales
the DLC was free.

hating vampire survivors shows strongly that you don't like video games, or care about them, you care about emotionally reacting to things and flashily having a social media opinion.

i'm 40 and it's brilliant. i played those games on the left and i could 1cc blues. i owned it at home too.

you don't get it because you don't want to and you think being "cool" relies on rejecting whatever is new. I'm sorry, being "bussin" relies on rejecting whatever is new

teenagers and mentally undeveloped adults have acted this way throughout human history.

Metal Slug is god tier, and i won't hear otherwise.

Attached: 312610_20210705180027_1.jpg (3840x2160, 3.18M)

I don't know what's worse
>Being a dinosaur with zoomer tastes
or
>Being a zoomer acting like a dinosaur

But Vampire Survivors costs $3 and has 30 minutes of gameplay. Granted, once you play it a lot it's more like 10 minutes of gameplay.

Have never touched any of the games on the right but it's true, it's because I'm a braindead zoomer with 0 attention span that I love games that are like 20 minutes of raw action.
Boomer horizontal shmups are slow as fuck tho, fuck that get me zoomzoompachi and raiden

play border down on dreamcast best of both worlds sorta

relatively unknown game as it was released like 6 years after the console died

Friend introduced me to Metal Slug and we played 2 different games, it was a real blast, pure gameplay, I thought of how games like this are barely made anymore, makes me wish my country had arcades.
I like all sorts of games but even I noticed how many roguelites there are where it's really just trying and trying again until you have enough upgrades to succeed. It's not like roguelikes where knowledge is all that matters, but unfortunately people fail to make actual roguelikes appealing. Soulash is heavily biased towards sorcery and necromancy (which in turn makes everything else feel like shit) yet the way they designed how gaining power feels like is extremely unsatisfactory, the vast majority of skills rely on your currently equipped weapon for damage (that includes spells) and your equipment damage is based on what weapon it is rather than how good the weapon is, with the expectation that you come across stronger kinds of equipment in more dangerous areas. Unique items don't scale and can't be replicated with Intelligence, and you only get a pity amount of skill points per level.

Attached: 194.jpg (1190x799, 114.05K)

>I thought of how games like this are barely made anymore

that's wrong though. games like metal slug were barely made at the time of metal slug. in fact, they aren't, it basically stands alone.

games of that type *are* made now. in greater numbers than ever before in gaming history and with great quality.

I recommend carrion for anyone who's a fan of any permutation of 2d shooting genre games. it's quite different but problaby in a way you'll like.

if not that, maybe some MO Astray. and if that...well, it does go on

I play tons of games and I can say that the industry sucks dick, not just because of the franchises I really like being dead but also how many uninteresting modern releases there are.
I played Carrion, I enjoyed it pirated but the gameplay to dollar ratio is about 1:4. It highlights a serious problem with indies and that is inexperience with price tags. They see that Rimworld and Factorio are very popular and think they can price their games the same way (not that those games are worth the price, Rimworld is too barebones vanilla and Factorio only appeals to autists) when they are even less interesting than those games, especially early access ones.

>but also how many uninteresting modern releases there are.

it is my opinion for anyone who says this that
1. you dont look hard enough/try enough things
2. you dont play enough genres

i bought carrion and the price was not any kind of consideration for me. i enjoy rewarding devs who make good things. factorio games don't interest me

Unfortunately, the people making them are not talented enough to make them as appealing as the sources they are inspired by.

>20 to 60 dollars
>includes games that literally cost 2 dollars and like 8 dollars or something
??? are you even trying user

No need to argue because you are correct.

they are talented enough, they're not 100 salaried employees enough.