Which one was the golden age of JRPGs?

Which one was the golden age of JRPGs?

Attached: rpg_machine.png (561x533, 168.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pqWj4BhNMqo
youtube.com/watch?v=v9cTIPIDRoI
youtube.com/watch?v=aH5M1wbb5wM
youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-wfLkeQOY
youtu.be/TCSAqplG8Jg
youtu.be/CTBoSRIdajQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PlayStation

*walks in

Attached: DS.jpg (500x443, 24.11K)

PS1 (and n64) is basically the peak of video games in general.

Attached: img.png (956x682, 30.69K)

PS2 and GameCube for me, the action games of that era really makes me hate modern gaming.

Both.

PS4

Attached: 1657320914777.jpg (240x300, 24.81K)

try to replay any game on original playstation hardware and you will see the snes is the best console ever

Playstation was the deathbed of the JRPG, very little since then has been able to capture the soul of the SNES/PS JRPG. I respect PlayStation for hosting such a ceremonious funeral for the jrpg, but the SNES is king.

Attached: snes.jpg (800x636, 214.97K)

>SNES
FF, SoM, Chrono Trigger, Ogre Battle, Soul Blazer series, Earthbound, tons of serviceable easily playable japanese games based on popular IP (Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo)
>PS1 was silver age
Much more prolific but lower quality and imagination. Only a few gems stand out more than the previous generation instead of being the standard. (Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears) most series just continue.

>imagination
Really? The PS1 generation in general seemed like it had lots of imaginative stuff

>Playstation was the deathbed of the JRPG
parasite eve alone is better than all the games in your image, then you have lunar, grandia, bof4, valk profile, vagrant arms, et cetera.

Attached: smug girl with a penis.jpg (400x400, 34.3K)

SNES has a more consistent lineup of great well known and hidden gem JRPGs. PS1 JRPGs at their peak were better then anything on the SNES but it few games managed to reach that peak (Front Mission 3, Valkyrie Profile, Persona 2, Xenogears, etc)

Attached: maya.jpg (2448x2867, 871.72K)

>bof4
Soulless music.
youtube.com/watch?v=pqWj4BhNMqo
youtube.com/watch?v=v9cTIPIDRoI
youtube.com/watch?v=aH5M1wbb5wM
youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-wfLkeQOY

Attached: 8588e108c80ec5c42d7000167cd6119806e5726b.jpg (938x696, 242.05K)

bof4 tracks are fucking wild
youtu.be/TCSAqplG8Jg
youtu.be/CTBoSRIdajQ

>Hello good sirs poo in loo music
What a downgrade from 1,2,3.

Attached: zero.jpg (192x192, 7.89K)

The PlayStation and it's not even close.

By deathbed I meant that everything following the PlayStation jrpgs never reached that height again. It's still great for the, but the SNES is better.

Attached: smug_tomboy.jpg (262x267, 18.35K)

>Lunar
Sega CD
>Grandia
Sega Saturn
>Vagrant Arms
Doesn't Exist.

true. i dont know if it has something to do with low polys and the colorful graphics, or maybe its because games back then were more fun. i like looking at skyboxes

Attached: chameleon-twist-2-06.png (800x600, 217.15K)

best version of lunar by far is ps1
dunno if grandia ever officially released in english on saturn because no one owned one
vagrant story, wild arms

Ps1 and I mostly just played FF. But I wanted to play a lot more and it felt like there were tons of good ones.

SNES has a handful of special ones. Also I find SNES FF kind of hard to play, the enemy sprites don’t animate so they feel kinda lifeless.