Thoughts on the Steam Deck?

Thoughts on the Steam Deck?

Attached: Steam deck.jpg (1200x800, 75.68K)

the what

Attached: mogged.jpg (4000x3000, 3.64M)

i want one just because i'd rather lay down and play some of my games in bed than stay sitting all day

It's trash. Terrible battery life, can't conceal it, horrible for games where mouse precision is important, 60hz, etc.
>b-but i-it's better than the Switch!
So?

seems cool to me but I'm poor

I'll let you know next week when I get mine.

>After Q3

It's pretty great for what it is.
I'll be pretty happy if future revisions make it lighter, improve battery life and improve the screen, though.

Just got mine two days ago, it has been really nice. The one thing I don't like about it is that I can't install packages or update through pacman. Finding out I couldn't access the AUR without a deck update wiping my filesystem clean was annoying and I'm looking for workarounds, but other than that this deck has exceeded my expectations.

Attached: 1657213351346.jpg (749x957, 63.76K)

Ahhahahahahhahahaha! Imagine the cope someone has to go through to think this is comparable.

Attached: 1657318428611.png (300x300, 36.41K)

I'm a linuxfag, reserved on the first day and have had it for 2 months now.
Every day I find new and exciting bugs with the OS. It's not as heavy as I expected, but it can hurt my wrists in some positions, when held for too long. More of an indication that I need to lift weights probably.
Overall 6/5, I need to order a second one to tide me over if the first one breaks.

>it's trash
you're trash
>terrible battery life
compared to what? I have no issues with it
>cant conceal it
cant conceal you either
>horrible for games where mouse precision is important
dont play those games on this device
>60hz
good
>switch
you're the only one talking about the switch

>a few hours of battery life, 60hz, not being suited for the best PC games, and it being a huge handheld are good things!
Giga cope

cope? why would I have to cope with owning the newest game console lol
sounds like you're trying to cope without it

Attached: p20945_p_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 271.71K)

>it's new therefore it's good!
Ok retard, I accept your concession considering you didn't even try to refute anything I said.

>can't conceal it
are you robbing a bank with it?

It makes nintrannies absolutely seethe.

NTA, but anything under competitive play and this thing handles games fine. What sticks and trackpads cant accomplish, gyro makes up for really well. As far as input devices go, this goes pretty far to close the gap between kbm and controller.
As far as battery life and size goes, it's about on par with a gaming laptop for longevity and the size being a problem is entirely an opinion. If it's too big for you, don't buy it.

you didn't say anything dumbo, you just said "giga cope". I'm the one who said things. I'm also the one who has things. You're the one who doesn't. Cope.
get a job

>battery life is bad
since it's x86_64 the only way to fix this would be to ship it with a fuck huge battery, which would make the price, size and weight of the damn thing skyrocket, and that's only if they are even able to ship it out since you can't even load batteries over a certain capacity in a normal cargo plane

Attached: 1657319341324.jpg (384x332, 124.67K)

You guys are admitting it's a gimped PC that you can hold, with short battery life, and you think it's worthwhile, lol.

I think there's an AUR now that will let you install a pure Arch environment while still getting the full Deck setup.
Its a bit of a pain, but I think the SilverBlue style immutable root partition was the way to go for this kind of mainstream targeted device.

The battery life being short has literally nothing to do with the CPU's ISA, dunning kruger brainlet.