Why haven't FMV games made a comeback given how much higher quality they could be and benefit from things like modern...

Why haven't FMV games made a comeback given how much higher quality they could be and benefit from things like modern CG for locations, and more advanced gameplay and compositing of the filmed footage? Surely there must be a niche for this.

Attached: 1657183194654.jpg (657x900, 154.01K)

My guess is devs think mocap is better because they can do whatever with the footage. But even as a novelty it might be neat to see a new FMV game (and not just a simple viewpoint like Her Story).

>fast, seamless 15 frames per second

Attached: ZSYWgTaqRXfWblI-800x450-noPad.jpg (800x450, 22.63K)

I feel like no one is genuinely nostalgic for FMV. It looks like it was all trash, every bit of it. Maybe it was never done well, even once

you did play her game, right?

Attached: erica.gif (400x330, 3.97M)

Take2 imand Sierra ones were good. So was Tex Murphy.

I liked that one murder mystery FMV. "Contradiction".

Gabriel Knight 2, Tex Murphy among others were good.

Harvester is great.

Attached: 280535-harvester-dos-media.jpg (800x785, 128.14K)

Not a fan of [current year] film for the most part. I don't see a reason to play something that I would obviously dislike.

I don't want a movie, I want a game made with FMVs.

they got a reputation for cheap laziness made by fake developers that never went away

I'd be very interested to see a game like Phantasmagoria or Harvester done with modern tech. You'd be able to remove a lot of that awkward disconnect between film footage and gameplay now, and allow a lot more freedom for threading in your film clips.

Attached: phant2_2.jpg (640x480, 24.52K)

There's still a few being made every now and then. I remember liking this one

Attached: MV5BMTc3MDY0ODgxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzIxMDY0NzE@._V1_.jpg (842x1191, 160.02K)

Not for Broadcast was cool.

Still waiting for the next Tex Murphy.

Attached: 20171113120712_1.jpg (1920x1080, 181.55K)

My partner has never been so hyped for a game. I really hope it comes out good for him. I'll look into this.
There was a murder mystery one I remember playing like 5 years ago that I can't remember the name of.
Puzzle of Flesh is still so much fun and great, and the twist is still one of my favourites in gaming. The dedication to old b movie practical effects makes it such a perfect time capsule. The actors were spot on for it, still funny the actor who played the server guy got backlash for playing for a homo.

I keep a webm around albeit for non-Harvester reasons.

Attached: this isn't crudux cruo.webm (916x576, 2.7M)

>cancelled in 2021
god damn it

Based Phan2 enjoyer. I still go back every now and then to play through it (along with KQ5/6). It’s a really fun B movie thats been ruined by a proto e-celeb’s fanbase.

It's a weird one.

Attached: harvester-dos-screenshot-dialogue-options.png (640x480, 118.17K)

What is bandersnatch called?

You're asking too much of millennials. The golden era of games was built by Boomers and GenXers. Everything millennials touched have ruined it.

Phantasmagoria 2, dude.