Do people unironically like the direction they're taking with Street Fighter 6 character themes...

youtube.com/watch?v=Rie_1u6Ple8
youtube.com/watch?v=8bg-nvvI9D0

Do people unironically like the direction they're taking with Street Fighter 6 character themes? I get that they don't want to piggybank on SF2 rehearsal/remixes once more, but this is just forgettable.

Attached: street-fighter-6-ryu-1.jpg_1187572215.jpg (1000x1000, 190.9K)

they wanted to pander to the 3S crowd without realizing the 3S crowd isn't even real.

"It's going back to it's roots of street culture"

No, I stopped playing fighting games altogether when I saw the mechanics listed on the website.

Attached: 670c4a9a96abd22b67852844ccd76144.jpg (280x280, 12.17K)

Not really, it weirds me out a little but the new themes aren't as bizarre Alpha 3 and EX yet.

I just shut off in game audio and listen to other shit 90% of the time so im fine with whatever.
I'm more worried about parries than I'll ever be about a character theme

Themes fucking suck and the art style for the third time in a row is disgusting.

No, but SF hasn't had good music in over 30 years so it's not surprising to me. I will once again just mute the game's music like I've done for 4 and 5 (i muted 3 in general)

American fag pandaring. Muh hot ryu and ugly oldhag chun along with censored designs.

sounds awful

>I stopped playing fighting games altogether
>Becuase I saw the trailer for SF6
Stop larping
You didn't even play them in the first place

Why do every SF6 character faces look like they've been through FaceApp?

Attached: streetfighter6faces-1654595921521.png (1475x829, 1.38M)

why does ryu suddenly have basedboy beard?

The animations kinda look stiff

Because everyone* was hype about Hot Ryu in SFV so they decided to go with that Ryu design for 6.

*everyone = influencers and people who don't play fighting games

i mean i dont mind the beard just remove those pubic hairs on his cheeks. what the fuck is that

the one fucking thing SF5 had going for it was the music. And now they're throwing that away. OK I guess

It's depressing to see how they forgot what made SF2 music so iconic. You can hear one theme from that game and get from that all you need to know about the character. The fact that the music was so distinct and full of character made it so that they became part of the characters themselves.
This approach completely misses the point. Ryu's theme tells me nothing about Ryu, and same for Chun. Sounds like the same for Guile as well, and good luck replacing Guile's iconic SF2 theme.

Attached: EA3Y9D2UIAATwEg.jpg (1122x1080, 59.66K)

I have 2000+ hours in fighting games. The last gen has been very disappointing to me and I cannot play old games forever.

I legitimately love Ryu & Chun's 6 themes. The rest we've heard is just alright, outside of Jamie's theme which we've only heard snippets of. I do appreciate the more deliberate sound compared to the total hodgepodge of SFV's OST, where some of the best tracks in the series are next to complete horse shit while dabbling in a dozen genres.

No way can they top Rashid's theme though. Anything they come up with for him is a downgrade.

Attached: 1655137093198.png (359x500, 232.37K)

He's a literal hobo and you expect him to trim his beard?

Hope they aren't all hip-hop, I know it's the theme of the games, but a tiny bit of variety would be cool. chunners theme sounds like it could fit in cyber sleuth/scarlet nexus

>Give Hakan an amazing theme for his trailer
>Ingame theme is 10x lamer
Why is this allowed?

There is going to be some outliers, but in general they want to stay true to that hip-hop culture.

> I know it's the theme of the games
Not really, the theme of the games is that you fight mostly outdoors all over the world, so the themes sounding like they belong to the places you're fighting in makes more sense than hip hop for everyone.

>We want the Harlem audience.

The Assmongold of fighting games said he love the music and the direction they took, so I like it too.

Attached: 1.jpg (900x600, 64.56K)

yes i do unironically like it. reminds me a lot of late 90's/early 00's soundtracks

Isn't it sad that the biggest fighting game influencer doesn't even actually play fighting games all that much?

>Man who has a wife and kid and takes care of himself.
>Asmongold of fighting games
Are you retarded?

No, it's entirely fitting given the state of the genre.

Why do people care so much about what that fag says when he's not even a good player?

Because companies listen to people like him.

I like both of those.
Love the theme of 6.
I've been playing SF since SFII.

>when he's not even a good player?
Max would body you in most fighting games, 09er.

Subtle music like this is objectively worse by itself but I think it fits a fighting game way more. You want the music to take a backseat to the sounds of moves/commentary without having to lower the music's volume to the point of basically not being audible. Quiet, simple music like this fits the game but won't lead to many ost sales.

I can’t tell you for sure until I see more female character and their feet.

nice projections there, but your e-celeb won't fuck you even if you whiteknight him

It's sadly common. V Ibuki's trailer theme goes hard but it's some royalty free piece. Her actual theme is great too but damn. It also took like a decade to get the trailer versions for Hakan & Dudley 4 themes.

>games
I meant to write game
>theme of the games is that you fight mostly outdoors all over the world
I would agree to that with 2, but it seems like they all follow some vague overlaying theme alpha is anime, 3 is hip-hop/street, 5 feels very e-sports thought that's just a feeling I get.
>Assmongold of fighting games
kek I never realised this.

Attached: file.png (1000x800, 505.87K)

Not because he has good takes or good knowledge, solely because he has a fuckload of followers and sheeps who repeat every dumb stuff he says on social media.