I am... forgotten

I am... forgotten

Attached: a fucking crank.png (1245x650, 495.07K)

This thing is simply an investment for a YouTuber. One video about it probably pays for itself or turns a profit.

What were they thinking

this but unironically

Only hipsters would pay for this gimmicky shit

it's out??
also what the fuck is up with 6 symbol captchas

This is one of Any Forums's weirdest obsessions that is actually about vidya. This shit is clearly some sort of gimmick for hipster programmers to play with for a short time, and nothing more yet people treat it like it was supposed to go against the switch.

Is there an emulator for this thing yet?

How do you suppose you emulate a physical hand crank?

just spin your mouse in one direction for one motion, spin in the reverse for the other

Mouse wheel

That sounds awful
Sounds a little better

why would anyone waste time with that?
what would you even play?

Not many games use the handcrank in a way that a button, joystick or trigger can't also do

gimmicky shit #26236 with a fishing minigame

Sure, but I bet some use it in a unique way that you can't emulate with a button tap. But I literally don't know a single game for this device so
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mars After Midnight

That's like the DS argument, when every DS game can in fact be retooled to work without touch controls or other DS gimmicks

How do you play Pokémon Ranger without the touch screen?

it's a circlejerk device for people already in the games industry who want a new toy to develop for.
nothing wrong with that, really, but realize that they're very much NOT targeting your average gamer with the crankdatboy.

with you 100% on this. The people behind the physical design are from Teenage Engineering which made the gimmicky high-price OP-1 synth, and most recently, a ridiculously expensive tiny six-channel mixer. If you have to ask why anyone would buy it, you aren't the graphic-design-poisoned millennial hipster they're marketing to anyway

Attached: teenage_engineering_tx-6_4[1].jpg (1280x854, 86.84K)

human hands for scale. Fuck the TX-6 lol

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 51.74K)

>implying all those youtuber shills weren't just given this shit for free

I have it and have been somewhat enjoying it. I've only played 8 of the season 1 games so far and they're hit and miss. Some of the sideload games look cool, like Wastebraver, but there's no way I'm paying $13 for a single playdate game.
Also, while it's nice that the sun actually makes it easier to see the screen, a backlit screen probably would have been better.

The crank confuses me even more than the Doug button.

Attached: 1651728020112.jpg (400x338, 41.82K)

lol

>Guys, we need a gimmick for our hipster GB emulator
>I've got it
>Lets add a crank!
>Who cares if it'll be a massive point of failure and easily break from regular use
>also lets make it even weaker by making it a working button/input as a gimmick
>dipshit love gimmicks, do it!
Literally hipsters pandering to the audience they're part of.

I guess you can't.