>no resolution options beyond 240p
understandable for the age
>download community solution
>download unencrypted exe to run patcher
>edit ini files
>open game
>ui is now correctly in the corners of the screen at 1440p at subatomic size
>dialogue only legible under microscope
ah well surely there is a simply fix for that? it's been out 20 years and it's a classic beloved game
>no scaling solutions
>only option is a large font replacement found from a russian version of the game
>text is full of errors and incorrect characters
>everything else still a hot mess
should I just skip to kotor 2 that's actually functional?

Attached: KOTOR_collection.jpg (1510x2138, 423.19K)

lower your god damn resolution, retard

just play the ios version

the steam/gog versions of kotor 2 have patches for widescreen support and run well for me at least

i haven't played kotor 1 on pc in a while but i remember using flawless widescreen with no issues

can you post a screenshot of what the dialogue looks like?

yeah I've run the start of kotor 2 and that's all fine. I'm not home at the moment but just picture you start a dialogue, you have the black chat section at the bottom of the screen and the text options are single lines of tiny text that end about centre screen

whole series is overrated shit. just skip it.

Filtered.

It is BC on Xbox One/Series

i would give flawless widescreen a try

the wiki recommends against it but i've done at least 2 playthroughs with no issues

>start game
>crashes after five minutes
>spend three hours trying to fix it
>nothing works, still crashes

Attached: 1655145583123.jpg (1440x1053, 204.89K)

yes well done your broken dogshit filtered my lowest possible expectations

Just wait for the dogshit remake, zoom zoom. No doubt it will be more your speed anyway.

Flawless widescreen

Why didn't you play it when it first came out?

I installed this game recently and I always write instructions on how I got it working at high res, here you go

Note: Do not open the game and change the resolution from 1024x768 before beginning

1. Install community patch
2. Install skyboxes
3. In UniWS, select kotor (1024x768), then type whatever resolution you want and click patch. this should add the correct resolution to the resolution menu in game. if it does not, change height and width in ini
4. Extract HUD correction to override
5. Set FullScreen to 0 and Add AllowWindowedMode=1 in kotor.ini (allows alt-enter)
6. In Borderless Gaming, put the game in your favourites list, then right-click it and disable auto-maximise. The mouse will be unaligned, but this will go away when you load a game.

If the screen goes black when you're trying to lure the rancor, press tab and escape a few times
If your character keeps getting stuck after combat, this is a frameate problem. Vsync should fix it, but seemingly Borderless Gaming inteferes with it. Limit FPS in the nvidia control panel to fix this.

played fine for me 11 years ago, zoomie

Just play in 4:3

>should I just skip to kotor 2 that's actually functional?
KOTOR 2 sucks so no

was busy playing one of hundreds of other excellent titles available. I'm 32

I hate turn based games and there was always better jedi games

you can only have 1

Attached: 1640129914690.jpg (194x191, 11.6K)