Game isn't out yet

>Game isn't out yet
>Preorder DLC
Defend this

Attached: Capture.png (484x351, 419.8K)

the dlc for 2 was fantastic and had the same price

is the combat in this real time or turn based?

The real dlc isn't released until one year later. More like a one year in advance DLC preorder

real time

>go from lewd weebaboomaxxing with stylized environment and characters to tame protestant normie realism

It's over bros

>oh no, these 30 hours of content wont launch with game
Yeah fuck offx these xenoblade story expansions are bigger than some regular games

is it like ys or tales?

its like ffxiv. tank/healer/dps roles. theres cooldowns on skills. allies and enemies can use buffs and debuffs. you have to respond in real time to the mechanics or get wrecked.

tab-target real time. Think FFXII but with all your abilities on a bar instead of a separate menu.

>Defend this
Easy. If enough consumers willingly give you money for objectively shit or unfair practices, that not only actively fucks them over in the long run, but benefits you, too, there's no reason not to do it for as long as you can get away with it.

Would you say XC2's expansion pass was shit for all the content it provided ? Another studio would have made it a new game with a $60 pricetag

MMO

this "Xenoblade story expansion" doesn't fucking exist and won't exist for almost two years.

I don't really know why I should care.

The DLC brings you back to the days of yore where the expansion packs are actual expansions and gives you 20-30 hour new story/gameplay content. Getting it day 1.

>Defend this
Sure thing, bud.

When Xenoblade 2 came out, I beat the game and was left wishing I could have even more. $30 for a bunch of extra content seemed reasonable enough, so I bought the Expansion Pass. I already felt like I'd gotten my money's worth, even before the bonus campaign that was larger than plenty of full AAA games.

I have no reason to think I won't like 3 just as much as 2, and no reason to think this Expansion Pass will be dissimilar. And because I'm a functioning adult, I make that $30 in an hour. So it's kind of nice to have the convenience of buying the thing as soon as I'm confident that I want it.

It's not like they're including pre-order bonuses to incentivize people to buy it before they know what they're getting, so there's no point acting like it's shady.

Anyone who is unironically mad about this didn’t play Torna

Attached: 32578B21-2E90-4FCA-A36C-9DA4EFDD41E6.jpg (1000x1414, 359.3K)

comes free if you emulate
pay for my entertainment paypigs

For what purpose? I will pirate that trash with dlcs on emulator.

>Miles Morales
>Recycle 80% of base game, add a couple new features and about 6 hours of content
>Full price game

>Torna
>Different battle system, a bit better in some places, a bit less complex in others
>All new zones
>Like 20 hours of content
>Also a bunch of content for main game
>20 bucks

There's just no comparison, you know the expass for XC3 will be some bonkers shit too

I enjoyed it so much more than the main game, Lora and Jin were an actually good couple.

>The DLC brings you back to the days of yore >Getting it day 1.
in days of yore they actually gave you all the content when you paid for it, not 18 months later

Its shitty but everybody else is doing shittier.

Awfully long winded way to say “it’s okay when Nintendo does it”

90% of RPG content is the same thing you were doing but against monsters with bigger numbers.

If it's enough for physical release I don't mind but 3 looks soulless niggerfest and no sexy clothes so not getting it.