Grandia

Is Grandia HD any good?

Attached: header (4).jpg (460x215, 67.04K)

Bump, have it on my wishlist.

Played it for the first time two years ago. It's fine. Nothing mind-blowing as an adult though I can see how as a kid it'd have been. Has charm enough.
Had to play with the Japanese audio tho and I'm not someone who usually cares, but I just couldn't take the dub seriously.

Grandia 2 is fine, but they fucked up the sprites in 1. As far as I know it has not been fixed in a patch.
It's a charming adventure rpg. Better than crap modern Any Forums likes such as Xenoblade

Attached: ECIEu3qUIAA32IY.png (400x700, 419.3K)

No, play it in 240p on a CRT or with a filter
Play the Saturn version with translation

Lookin' good.

Right looks better

No it's really bad. Based on the ps1 version instead of the superior saturn version. And they fucked up lots of stuff like filtering and putting things in the wrong aspect ratio etc. Just awful.

What's superior about the Saturn version

If you can stomach forced filters maybe. I wouldn't recommend it, emulate the original.

It was designed for Saturn as the primary console so it was molded around what the Saturn could do.
This was still in the era of floating vertices in PS games.

no, emulate the original
the remaster uses the buggy psx version (even though they lied to everyone and said they would use the original) and it forces you to keep a shitty filter on all sprites

OK but you didn't answer my question.

A lot of the textures were fucked up on the PS1 version because of how the Saturn handled them, mainly tile sets improperly rendering on the flooring

>inb4 "50U1 vs 50UII355"

looks like shit man

Attached: IMG_20220404_120154.jpg (360x353, 27.1K)

Good as in "playable anime" good. People rave about the battle system, but the game suffers from having incredible ideas as far as combat is concerned and then being incredibly easy. The only challenge comes from an ultra-frustrating and difficult to navigate optional dungeon that has a small boss rush at the end and encounters that can one-shot your party after well over an hour of navigating with no saves. I guess too if you skipped all three optional dungeons the last boss might have been hard, but the one and only time I played through the game, my party was cracked from all the optional dungeon treasures and though the last boss was easy he still had a crazy amount of health and took a while to take down.

The sense of adventure is unmatched though by any JRPG I've ever played which is saying something. I know it's this studio's bread and butter but they really nailed it here. Lots of good comic relief moments and interesting locales to visit. The game has a LOT of optional dialogue kind of like Xenosaga -- most NPCs have 2 if not 3 different dialogue sequences if you talk to them multiple times, your party will have a little pow-wow if you camp in the middle of dungeons, and you can talk to everyone in your party at dinner at the inn. Most all of these dialogues change at almost every plot trigger too.

On an aside, Grandia 2 had a Hard Mode which actually lived up to the name and took more advantage of the uniqueness of the combat systems in the first game, but is faaaaaar more tropey and managed to feel like a few steps back in plot and characterization (but still decent worldbuilding)

Ok

what a load of shit

left one looks better tho

What's wrong with it

It's still one of my favorite games in the genre, but I'm not going to be dishonest in my critique

Saturn version looks better

Its either a bot or retard just being contrarian for engagement.
It makes no sense.
Any post he will disagree with, he's essentially self bumping his thread and doesn't know a better way of doing it.

Your original post was quoting this and I made no mention about the graphics.

what's up schizo

None of those posts are mine lol (except the obvious one)
Needless confrontational agitprop posting, for Grandia...
For what purpose?

Attached: OP fails.png (468x141, 7.2K)

grandia 1 has a really good adventure story
i finished this game after 6 months of playing