What are your honest opinions on the Fallout 4 pipe weapons?

What are your honest opinions on the Fallout 4 pipe weapons?

Attached: 3241123.jpg (1536x2044, 274.77K)

Ugly, I didn't like having to see them so often. The idea of swapping out weapon parts is good but they didn't have to make all the weapons so unaesthetic.

We shouldve been able to craft them ourselves, needed more options like a shotgun reciever and shouldve been less common than it was
Cool design that quickly overstayed its welcome when you could end up having a hundred of them stockpiled before even getting to diamond city

they were pretty usable in fallout 76 with all the buffs and perks they added for pipe weapons

Attached: 1657261902965.jpg (400x200, 55.64K)

>game gives you a better gun at the start and makes pipe weapons essentially useless

You would only ever use pipe weapons in FO4 if they were unique or you want to rp.

yeah completing dailies with them is epic my guys

They're fodder made not for the player, but the NPCs. 90% of the enemies in Fallout 4 have these stupid things, and my guess it's because the devs didn't want players to immediately get their hands on something actually useful at the start of the game.

They looked awful, which was the correct idea, but they should have been more upgradable so you could create a beast

Attached: pipe combigun.jpg (922x596, 101.05K)

I never used them. I agree that they're ugly and should have compensated for that by being more useful and customizable.

Based kino
Make reddit seethe

Should have been more blackpowder weapons. Muzzleloaders and shit. Less regular guns. Particularly as it's fucking new england, you'd think with the laser musket

Pipe shotguns and revolvers make some sense, they don't have as many moving parts and people have been making them since the 1600s. Oddly they chose not to put in the simplest fucking shotgun to make in favor of a proper pre-war double barrel. The excessive rust on all the pipe guns is also retarded, as if the only metal available has been sitting in the sun for 200 years. Corvega is shown to have plenty of clean metal still laying around.
Bolt actions should've been scrapped. Nobody's going to have the ability to build a bolt receiver and not have the ability to fashion proper furniture for it unless they're scrapping a pre-war gun for parts. If they wanted to go the handmade route, the Hunting Rifle should've had a cheap looking version as its first iteration (pic related), which you can upgrade with replacement parts into looking pre-war.
Semi and automatics shouldn't be in the same class as the pipe weapons. They can still be cheaply made, but they should've looked like the 1940's sheet metal guns like the FP-45 Liberator (a functioning version at least) and the M3A1 'Grease Gun'. Somebody was clearly mass manufacturing these pipe guns, and it's shown that factories are capable of still running in the Commonwealth. Pic related again for a concept artist making a proper looking "homemade" pipe gun for Fallout.

Attached: robert-palmer-final-001.jpg (1279x1328, 302.8K)

Another example of making a cheap but effective gun.
Unless you're desperate enough to rely on a single shot such as people in prison or noguns countries, you're not going to make an unreliable gun if you have the tools. The wasteland is bountiful and the game gives you dozens of proper machining tables to do all your gun work on. The ugliest gun in the game should still look like it was made by a competent Vietcong.

Attached: Sten_Gun_Featured.jpg (1440x675, 59.62K)

Last pic, to show the types of guns people make when they don't have the knowledge but still have the tools.
Revolvers and what might be a break open or muzzleloaded single shot, collected from poachers in Africa. Note the machined quality of the revolvers and the scavenged flintlock mechanism.
This is the most you would expect from Commonwealth raiders making their own guns, and you know they wouldn't want to rely on these to fight anything that would shoot back. Scavengers in America have it much easier than Africa, with the ridiculous amount of guns meaning even if the thing you find doesn't work, you can take the parts that do and make a gun out of it if you know how to cut and weld.

Attached: 835de132e1c07197494b7c5e85572c10.jpg (564x484, 86.88K)

as a machinist by trade, some of them make me cringe

thematically cool and fitting. absolutely worthless in practice. i dont think ive ever used one, you start the game with a 10mm thats significantly better and start finding better than pipes very quickly.

i want to know how to make a gun like this myself

Only conceivably useful if the game still had weapon degredation. As it stands you have no reason not to use the weapon you leave the vault with forever. Final upgrade in each one negates the only upside (ammo is fucking everywhere) by chambering the balsa wood crap in expensive ammo. Visual upgrades as you got better receivers would help too.

I can send you some books. What's your home address?

Attached: 1574627602824.png (656x636, 427.96K)

I'd love to have one of these abortions hanging on a wall in my garage

Pipe shotguns are paid DLC, because fuck you, money.

i dont live in the usa sir
is that not a problem? does your agency deliver that far?

What's the point, just buy a real gun

someone post the 50cal smg

those are illegal where im from

Yes, we have free worldwide shipping.

Attached: 1656089699851.jpg (510x343, 72.67K)

lmao loser

shit.
>go through some shit vault
>kill a bunch of legendary whatever
>get a piece of shit pipe gun.

its trash.