Are you excited for future of video games?

Are you excited for future of video games?

Attached: 1657160529165.jpg (1051x1494, 245.05K)

The weird thing about posts like this is that blockchain has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to anything he talked about. If two game developers wanted to have items shared across their games, there's nothing stopping them from just doing it with conventional methods. Adding blockchain tech would just be a needless and pointless extra layer of complication.

The answer is simple - people like that guy just wanted to sell their scam to others, they don't care about video games or anything. Simple as that.

Good that nft are declining hard, they would only fuck up more already fucked up badly market.

You missed the whole point retard. It's not about item sharing. Without blockchain certification you don't really own any of those items.

but his whole post has nothing to do with actually "owning" anything.
Also how does owning some token in a blockchain that can only be used in a specific game any different than owning some token in that specific game like it is now? Literally whats the difference?

? It's still a jpeg in the game files with a variable called "owner" you absolute retard, blockchain is useless and his ideas of gaming in the future is so trash, makes me want to unalive

hi Nicolas

please go peddle your techbro pyramid scheme bullshit elsewhere, gamers aren't as retarded as you seem to think, you might find it a bit hard

What's the difference between "owning" a virtual item normally within your inventory and "owning" still a virtual, nonexistent item as a blockchain nft?
Anything else beside being able to sell it for cash outside of the game?

>5% drop chance
>Only 4 in existence
Really nigger?

>artificial scarcity in video games
I will never be not amazed how niggers keep falling for glass pearls in this day and age

There's more. All of the shit he wrote suggests that to be able to play some games on competitive level you HAVE to grind and play other games on competitive level.
Like wtf. I HAVE to grind some shit runescape clone to get a mandatory item to play the space game? What if I don't want to play that shitty game and only excited for the space? Oh right I can just BUY THE NFT FOR OVERINFLATED AMOUNT OF MONEY. It's pay to win but worse.

The real problem in that post is that this nigger plays nothing but mobile and MMO shit
At LEAST show how le epic blockchain could work in connected singleplayer games to draw people in

No it's not true and it's 2022 so you must know that by now you dishonest shit. On the blockchain there is no single varible that verifies your property. Neither locally nor on the server. The items you own are verified on the entire blockchain, everyone in the system works together to prove that your items are truly yours. Blockchain gives ownership like nothing else on the market.

The entire post is trying to sell readers on the idea of "owning" data by promising a blatant pipe dream of shared assets between different games.

A distributed system verifying ownership just means the local variable has backups
I know you're just joking or baiting (Poe's Law) but my compsci autism flared up

>At LEAST show how le epic blockchain could work in connected singleplayer games to draw people in
That's the thing. It couldn't

Oh user, it couldn't do any of the shit in OP's pic. I'm saying if you're making up things, at least make up things that don't involve playing 10 hours of MMOs each day

>implying this will actually happen
>implying this isn't a scam and a pipe dream
>implying corporations would work together like this
>implyingimplyingimplyingimplying

This sounds like a dystopia, is this what crypto nerds want out of gaming? You're describing a job.

>corporations would work together
What if it's all shitty low effort mobile games released by the same company :^)

Are you retarded? The items have no meaning outside of the game they're in.The moment the developers ban your account or shut down the servers: you lose them, ergo the developer *owns* the items, while you're just paying to access them. "Blockchain" integration is just another way of obfuscating your non-ownership.

>implying that mandatory grind (with the only other option being spending money) of 10 different mmo's is a dream

Thats what a huge amount of people want from vidya, theres a reason gacha games are so popular.
Telling people they have a chance to get something that other people cant or that very few people will own triggers some deep primal part of people's monkey brains. Even knowing its retarded most people will still fall for it.

Anything that is virtual you do not own.
Once internet goes down or the service goes out of business, you're absolutely fucked.

Attached: 286100525_343908457871279_4521630589481499443_n.jpg (1080x1326, 179.84K)

Then I pity anybody who would play them, and suggest that they be euthanized before they pollute the gene pool with their stupidity.

LMAOOOOOOOO

There's a reason slot machines are illegal in most civilised world you fucking nigger.
Gotchas and loot boxes are the same shit and are next, nigger.

>it reads like a ironic post of how games are no longer for fun and just another full time job and money sink
>it's not ironic

I'd rather just have mods and mod tools. Cryptoads can suck my big fat dick.

And it's still irrelevant since it's only value exists within a context you have zero control over and can be shut down by a company once they decide to end service on that game.
Literally a less worthwhile investment than pokemon cards.