Will nintendo ever loosen up with fan games?

will nintendo ever loosen up with fan games?

Attached: MforMario.png (800x450, 266.53K)

I can't wait until Mario is public domain.

Attached: z50xp-1619719725-16226-list_items-no.jpg (628x628, 43.45K)

Thanks to Disney, we'll all be dead before that happens sadly.

When SMB1 is close to entering public domain, assuming Nintendo is still around, they will pressure the government into extending copyright again because they are the Disney of video games.

They are EXTREMELY loose with fan games
Look at how many Zelda clones are on the eshop
>asset stolen or romhacks
Those should be booed on principle
>I CAN'T WAIT TO USE SOMEONE ELSES CHARACTER BECAUSE I'M A HACK
Ok, thanks for the update. Fan games are great but use your own characters, your own worlds.

Only a few more years till 2082.

As long as Miyamoto works there, no.

As long as Miyamoto or Tezuka are alive they should own SMB1.
This. The devs should own their games.

Nintendo doesn't have anywhere near that much influence in America. They can have all the policy similarities to Disney they want, that doesn't give them the same power Disney has.

It won't take much to influence America, both Miyamoto and Tezuka are both alive and in the company.
Any moron can tell Mario will do better with their owners than with Randoms.

I want to make a game where Mario is gay, and if it's public domain it will be canon.

>if it's public domain it will be canon.
That's not how it works but I'm sure there are a TON of actual trannies that believe that.

No Nintendo fan game has ever been good.

>No fan game has ever been good
fixed

There are a few, Blasphemous, Shovel Knight, Dead Cells etc
Not sure if I can think of a Nintendofan game though

No, not until all the old suits in the company die. Their mentality towards mods is it hurts their "JAPANEEZU PURIDO" because its not something they made, thus not japanese. That's kind of a oversimplification of their mentality towards it but its sadly real.

fangames= not japanese therefore=bad.

>it's sadly real
In your head.

What do you mean by "loosen up"? Let's objectively look at the facts here. Sites like MFGG and SMW Central have been up and running for decades, yet GameJolt had to remove hundreds of fangames to avoid incurring the wrath of Nintendo. Projects like Psycho Waluigi, Paper Mario 3D Land and Super Mario Flashback grow famous and go by for years without getting DCMA'd yet Mario Royale, AM2R and Mario 64 in Unity do. What's the pattern?

Well, SMWC and MFGG don't put ads on their games or hacks, while GameJolt games do by default. Projects like Psycho Waluigi are "original", while projects like A2MR and Mario Royale aren't. The pattern to me is pretty clear - don't remake anything Nintendo is selling or commercialize your fan project and they don't give a shit.

Don't get me wrong, I wish Nintendo got the stick out of its ass regarding soundtracks on YouTube and such, but as far as fan games go they're not overly strict. As long as you don't step on their toes, they'll let you be*. Hell, the social media manager for MFGG pretty much said all of this and he most definitely knows more about this shit than the spergs on Any Forums who rage on about shit they only know about through some Any Forums posts that only explain half of the picture.

*Except for TPC, who are definitely gigantic cocksuckers.

No. The steel rod is forever firmly up their ass

doubt it. why would they even want to loosen up? the fans keep buying their games anyway, and taking down those fangames is a net win for them. they only really take down fangames that could be a competition for them for that reason alone

sega is only nice to fangames because their fanbase is far less loyal. if they fuck with fangames they will get serious backlash. not to mention that it's thanks to those fangames that we have sonic mania and origins

nintendo fans are pussies in comparison, and nintendo is capable of making good games on their own