SOUL

SOUL

Attached: Red++Kanto.png (7264x6272, 986.52K)

Attached: Red++Johto.png (7680x5056, 882.17K)

I’ve been waiting for V4 since 2017

Where da people at?

Is it dead?

what are the red++ features

is it the same dev as polished crystal?
i see a lot of the same geometry
on a different layer

No, it’s switching to polished crystal’s engine. I think the dev is just waiting for the dex expansion update.

I-I-I-I-IS THAT K-K-K-K-KANTO
HNNNNNGnnggGGNHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I
FUCKING
LOVE
KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CHARIZARD HNNNGGGAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA KANTO KANTO YEAH KNATO I FUCKING LOVE CHARIZARD BRO

While I do think the overall world design was far better in the old pokemon games, you nostalgiafags refuse to admit that the old games were general pretty ugly. They honest to god look like baby's first rpg maker game.

damn looks pretty good
although to be honest I find myself sympathizing with the guy who posts his maps made bigger
wouldn't mind seeing a version where, for instance, each tile is made into four tiles and towns get a few more buildings

bros i cannot lie.
i do in fact love charizard.

Attached: and also pikachu.jpg (726x879, 137.59K)

wow look a hallway

This but unironically

Attached: kantoooo.png (480x480, 2.95K)

isnt this the DS map? this is the second remaster, pretty sure they got it right the third time

It's not dead but I'm not sure if I'd call it alive. As far as I can tell there has not been a lot of progress in quite a while, and the creator's justification for it is much closer to an excuse.

Not exclusive to Red++, a lot of hack developers using Polished Crystal's engine have been citing "it doesn't have X feature yet!" as why they aren't actively developing their hacks right now, but the thing is the feature in question has changed several times. First it was dynamic sprite loading (overworld sprites get loaded/unloaded from the GBC's VRAM as needed, something other Game Boy games like the Zelda trilogy and Dragon Quest III all have for example), then it was Gen 3-style boxes (pic related), and when I saw this get finished I was excited because it should've meant all these hacks were going to resume development, but then the people who said they were waiting for this decided to wait for 9-bit indexes instead.

Now 9-bit indexes are close to completion according to the guy making that feature (working in-game but a lot of testing needs to be done to make sure nothing is horribly broken) and I personally expect some or all of the developers in question to find another thing to wait for. It's sad, speaking as someone who has contributed to some of these hacks.

Different dev but they share a lot of assets, and Red++ is now being developed in Polished's engine.

Attached: file.png (480x288, 29.44K)

to be fair though
9-bit is gonna be sick
i'm hella looking forward to 9-bit crystal

I agree with you there, just the most basic effect it'll have (Polished Crystal having the first 251 Pokémon on top of the cross-gen evolutions) is going to be very good. But god please, I want to see Ancient Ruby see active development again. The graphics, maps and music for the game have all been completed or nearly completed far enough for a 5-gym beta, it just needs to be put together, scripted and some game-specific featured coded. The alpha posted for the hack is almost 3.5 years old and I don't want that to be the first thing new people looking at it for the first time see

Attached: file.png (2752x3552, 656.75K)

I'm waiting for the gen3 demakes with trade support to/from red++ and polished crystal.

Attached: jirachi_animation_big.gif (96x96, 17.48K)

why are they floating?
they look like dragonball characters who are just taking off from the ground

Add Sevii Islands or I riot