When did Legendary Pokemon stop feeling special? for me, I think it was Gen IV

When did Legendary Pokemon stop feeling special? for me, I think it was Gen IV.

Attached: 1649781521930.png (584x592, 317.45K)

>4 (5 with Mew) legendaries in gen 1
>6 in gen 2
>some amount in gen 3, don't care
>more and more and more in later gens
Legendaries have to make up like 10% of the dex by this point, no? There's just too many.

Once you get into competitive you realize they never were special besides the ones on the box.

I wish NPC's in the game could use legendaries.

you know the funny thing? if you combine all the starter pokemon and compare to all the legendary pokemon, starter pokemon are STILL more rare than legendary pokemon are. that's just fucked beyond believe. it's why legendary pokemon feel so fucking stupid and lame.

When you were forced to encounter them.

I already hated the legendary trio in Gen II. Lugia and Ho-Oh were fine but Raikou, Suicune, and Entei felt formulaic rather than cool.

competitive is bullshit, reminder that they didn't care about competitive and that's the reason why gen 1 was so broken and nothing was viable except a few ones and people abused the shit of wrap.

They stopped feeling special when I noticed certain patterns like the "small, floaty mythical pokemon" they kept adding every gen.

Attached: 1645811855070.png (640x448, 22.13K)

>and that's the reason why gen 1 was so broken
Gen 1 was so broken because the multiplayer was rushed late in development.

>competitive is bullshit, reminder that they didn't care about competitive
Did you forget about the Stadium games?

They looked so fucking stupid. Gen II made me stop caring about Pokemon.

Attached: 600px-244Entei.png (600x600, 247.1K)

Stadium came out 2 years later.

Stadium did try to fix a little bit of bugs, so much for your pathetic come back.

Gen 4 was def the beginning of 20 different legendaries, a majority of which also had alternate forms. I'd say it was even worse than Gen 5 which wasnt *that* bad

You feel kind of special, OP

>and that's the reason why gen 1
Competetive play has nothing to do with Gen 1's buggy systems, the fuck are you on

gen 4 was the downfall, the gen 3 legendaries were peak.

gen 4 having so many legendaries was justified, myths and legends was sort of a major theme for the Sinnoh as a region: Cynthia studied them, there was a whole library with some you could read, celeste town or whatever was all about old folklore, etc.

It’s sort of inevitable. The more legendaries there are the less important they feel.

I think Groudon and Kyogre were probably the last ones with that special feeling.

There are still later ones that I like but they’ll never feel as important as the legendaries from the first few gens.

Attached: victini.jpg (614x460, 125.1K)

Fuck off toddler

They tacked competitive in gen 1 at the very last moment, originally it wasn't going to be added, just trading

The terms PvP/Battling and Competitive are not interchangeable terms. Learn english.

What is this schizo saying

Yes they are.

I never understood how anyone could put their starter in the PC. That's fucking blasphemy. You don't put your starter outside your team.

No its not. Some people want variety and to have a creative team and not just run "Starter + Gyarados + early route bird + Eeveelution" for every single game for 30 years straight

After the regis they lost the spark. Having to do neat inane bs to find them made them great. New legendsries are disgusting.

fuck off schizo
Now you are going to start rambling your bullshit that pokemon competitive is a sport or idk what else, don't want to hear it yet again

Shut the FUCK UP AUTIST

Attached: Es5LsjRWMAERRt-.jpg (651x738, 52.35K)

gen 4 and gen 7 simply had too many legendaries
I box my starter if I've already used all 3 starters

If more than one person has told you the same thing I just posted thats hilarious

i loved red/blue, gold/silver, though i thought the trip were a bit forced
but fuck third gen legendaries were just fucking ugly and garish, and latios and latias look fucking ridiculous

IV as well
Doesn't help that gen3 ruined pokemon stories by making legendaries the centerpiece of them every single gen. It was impressive in 3 but got boring by 5.

I was sick of them in 3. The Regis were fine, but the main trio are what pushed legendaries from
>weird and powerful one-of-a-kind creature
to
>god lmao
It's a line that can't be uncrossed. Once you do it, all you can do is escalate how important the legendaries are for the rest of your franchise.

yes because smogonites like you are insane and groom children. Go away.

Hahaha different user just browsing the thread, your comment made me laugh.

Pokémon 2000 was when legendaries felt the most important.

Attached: C4C0CC84-0C22-4B2A-ABCF-97A05EAB6BB2.jpg (578x327, 52.17K)