Is there anything more unsettling than having brutal death animations for the player?

Is there anything more unsettling than having brutal death animations for the player?

Attached: 31a0d4950d0ec224-1200x675.jpg (1200x675, 112.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc
youtu.be/znk6UerPpj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tell me about it. I played this exact tomb raider a few days ago and i wince everytime she gets ryona'd

I think it's far more unsettling to have brutal and gritty death animations for the enemies. In most games enemy deaths are actually pretty quick and "clean", so when the enemies start writhing on the ground and gurgling, you snap out of your gamer mode and wonder if you're the bad guy for enjoying all the killing.

Attached: thats why.jpg (320x180, 8.08K)

This game was made by a gurofag

Whenever I play games like insurgency I always double tap my enemies. I don't wanna hear some dude choking on his own blood when I play my shooting games.

ground branch

youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc

>6:05
top jej

The problem with elaborate death animations is players expect to be threatened, they expect to be challenged, but they never expect to die and get very upset when it happens and often stop playing. Why spend so much time on something players are just going to be upset at?

Attached: r4.gif (530x296, 1.56M)

happened to me in spec ops-the line. The enemies scream out in pain, yell out for their fallen comrades, writhe on the floor dying if you didnt shoot them in the head and basically everything else in between.
>if you're the bad guy for enjoying all the killing
thats exactly what the game asks from you. Im still a bit shaken up by it

>losing is less disturbing than succeeding

Attached: stupid machine.jpg (1280x720, 73.03K)

unsettling?
it makes my pee pee hard

Huh? You stop playing just because of death animations? That's some pussy ass shit.

The thrashing makes it so much better.

Good-to-go

Attached: 1476473472673.jpg (615x694, 56.13K)

>don't feel a thing in red orchestra when i hear the enemies dying in agony

Attached: 1641477919238.png (200x200, 49.69K)

yes, people who enjoy nu-tomb raider

Wish it was more common, they're really erotic. For Honor had some great executions too.

youtu.be/znk6UerPpj0

They stop playing because they die, your average player hates to die, it makes them frustrated. Like I said they want the illusion of threat but never actually be killed in a game.

Was looking for this post. Nice.

Damn didn't think games had the balls to be this brutal.

DRIG is a very specific type of madman. All of his games are like this.

Great game to get stoned and chill to.

Example?

Yea they sure are awful haha

What are some games with them? Just to avoid them.............

Callisto protocol will be pure kino

What exactly is the purpose in designing a eye machine that just smashes into the patients face if they don't hold their eye still?