How much of the modern games industry can be traced back to this?

How much of the modern games industry can be traced back to this?

Attached: 1655940995444.png (1634x1048, 3.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WsaoJw-PtOM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think the end of the PS3/360 era in general was the turning point for that whole thing, and was solidified by the time the PS4/XBONE came out
Being able to deliver patches afterwards just made the developers lazy
its all become much too convenient nowadays
how many new release have fucking day one patches and what have you

are horses even useful in oblivion
Usually just slurp 15 skooma whenever i need to get around

Bethesda invented being jewish and lazy, but they mad up for it with awesome games, nowadays the game industry the forgot the awesome games part

Honestly crazy that horse armour in 2022 would probably be seen as good value. Society is collapsing.

You could cast fortify speed on them to turn them into rocket horses. I never did find where shadowmere landed.

i feel like there was already a ton of other expansion pack type dlc shit in other games but someone just focused on this shit for their youtube video and now all the zoomers who are barely gaining conciousness now are sperging out about this horse specifically am i crazy?

>DLC LE BAD

If horse armor was so successful, why didn't Skyrim have a similar cosmetic DLC?

Correct
Don't bother replying, I won't read it

have a great day user :^)

i fucking love microtransactions! I love how manipulative they are to me the consumer! I love it when I pay $69.99 for a multiplayer only game and for half the content be locked behind another paywall! I love the fact most modern games are unfinished buggy pieces of shits that are gradually fixed over time and I have to pay more for content.
>tl;dr
I FUCKING LOVE HORSE ARMOR
LOOK AT MY HORSE
MY HORSE IS AMAZING

good idea

Made obsolete by modders
youtu.be/WsaoJw-PtOM

The thing is theres no revisionism to be had with this. It was shat on, hell Oblivion was seen as a laughable joke of a game by almost the entire gaming community when it first launched. It wasn't even the first kind of DLC like this, but companies will double down on shitty ideas, complaints and dissenting opinions be damned. Gamers also got stupider, more complacent. In a perfect world Fallout 3 and Skyrim would've bombed forcing Bethesda to actually TRY to make something that isn't a buggy, ugly piece of shit.

Skryim has one of the most effective marketing strategies of all time. Blame Harry Partridge.

>Oblivion was seen as a laughable joke of a game by almost the entire gaming community when it first launched
No, it was not. Even fucking Any Forums loved Bethesda until after the release of Skyrim. Before then the only people that hated Bethesda were people who think RPGs are at their best when they're isometric and words words words words words words words words.

Horse armor was highly rebuked at the time because Oblivion was really popular and this was the first DLC for it. It was something like $5 as well. Selling cosmetic items for games didn't happen back then, devs would make map packs or entire expansion packs. Horse armor deserves the shit it gets.

>but they mad up for it with awesome games
lol, nice try, todd.

M$ did microtransactions first for their own games. bethesda just happened to be the first third party they roped into this scam, and it snowballed from there.

Attached: kameomtx.jpg (640x450, 52.94K)

Mare Pussy