Zachatronics studio is shutting down

Fucker just made a >reddit post about it
FUCK

Attached: 1648170447946.png (718x370, 78.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20220624003506/https://kotaku.com/zachtronics-farewell-goodbye-closing-eliza-last-call-bb-1849096767
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have never in my life heard of this studio or person.

>reddit user
>pass user
>trannytronics fan
name a worse combination.

good i guess dunno what that even is

They make very high IQ puzzle games like Spacechem

I only knew them from spacechem
RIP I guess

>“My original plan was to wrap things up at Zachtronics and then find a new job teaching high school computer science, but the timing was off,” he says. “I just finished my first year of teaching and Last Call BBS hasn’t even been released yet! I was hoping that I’d really like teaching and stay with that for a few years, but I learned that’s definitely not the case and I’m having a hard time imagining anything other than games in my future, in some shape or form.”
>“What we do next as individuals or collaborators is a question we are very actively discussing right now. I’m particularly interested in freelancing and weird side projects, while other members of the team are drawn to the idea of a stable job with more growth potential than a small indie studio that makes what’s essentially the same game every year.”
he'll come back to vidya, just not under the Zachtronics label

source: web.archive.org/web/20220624003506/https://kotaku.com/zachtronics-farewell-goodbye-closing-eliza-last-call-bb-1849096767

They're not even games it's just a bunch of css html programming shit

I always consider getting his games but never do

>zachphobic
Feel threatened by high iq, you ape?

>Infiniminer
So this is the guy who made the game that Notch copied?

>become a high school teacher
>decide to quit making games to focus on that
>turns out being a high school teacher sucks
>basically decide to un-retire before you're even done retiring

Attached: 1640353392884.jpg (572x303, 143.8K)

>he wasn't here during comfy Opus Magnum autism times
Go back.

oh no...that sucks...

>subtle brag about your Any Forums pass
mega cringe

:(
I paid a lot of money to buy most of their games

>being a high school teacher sucks
I didn't know anyone needed to be told that. I know a couple of people who do sub work for the local schools and they say its fucking garbage.

I enjoy Zachtronic games, but I've never actually finished one. they tend to get overly complicated at some point and I just stop playing.

he copied it then made it into a fun game people want to play. zach here should take a note out of notch's book and make less sperg shit

I love EXAPUNKS.

This sucks, genuinely one of the more unique devs out there. Also kindof depressing that they think of all their games as being "the same". I mean their games are pretty recognizable once you've played a few of them, but their portfolio's diversity beats the piss out of pretty much any other dev.

Attached: 1560486827461.gif (282x354, 1.17M)

>be Zach
>come up with cool game Infiniminer
>some random nord steals it and becomes ultramillionaire
>meanwhile you shut your studio down

Last Call BBC, just putting it out there

minecraft mogs infiniminer. minecraft offers an experience, infiniminer offers some cool ideas and tech.

lol

it sucks for him but that's the difference between making a tech demo and a real game people actually want to play

LITERALLY WHO ???

Why would he think teaching compsci to a bunch of Indian teenagers would be fun?