Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

What was Skull Face's plan?

Attached: Skull-Face.png (549x521, 271.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LLPzsj03ZAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wouldn't you AGREE?

tranny parasites

he was cool as fuck in the GZ trailer. too bad he turned into a goofy villian in TPP, even his death was pathetic.

WORDS THAT KILL
PARASITES
COPULATION
CYPHER
REDUCE THE WORLD TO ZERO
What a downgrade from what he seemed like in GZ

Attached: Skeletor.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

It was a hilariously campy and peak kojima scene with them flashing back and shit.
until huey

I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting out of him. I don't know what I was expecting out of him. I mean he looks gross but he also kinda looks like a skinny wimp.

Ground Zeroes made him out to be a behind the scenes mastermind that managed to physically and mentally break Paz and Chico and turn them against each other in less than a week, as well as the random conversations you can overhead the soldiers on the base having about him and XOF. He quotes Big Boss directly, lines he said in both Snake Eater and Peace Walker and which Skullface would have no way of knowing; and the intro to Ground Zeroes follows him instead of Snake, mirroring the tropes of every previous Metal Gear intro
>MGS1 - Snake is covered by swimming gear, camera obfuscates his face, climbs up elevator, bam: face reveal
>MGS2 - Snake walks on the bridge, throws coat away, jumps down to the ship but in stealth camo, camo breaks, he gets up, bam: face reveal
>MGS3 - Snake is sitting on the plane with a facemask on, performs the HALO jump, starts taking off his parachuting equipment, bam: face reveal
>MGS4 - Snake has the militia coat obfuscating his face, you play a the very beginning of the game, a Gekko blows your cover and Snake kneels down, he looks up, bam: face reveal
>Peace Walker - Snake arrives at the beach with his bike, camera behind his back, he makes his way to his soldiers, throws coat away, bam: face reveal
Every previous mainline entry had curated intros that followed Snake around up to the 'hype' face reveal. Ground Zeroes subverts this by following the exact same pattern but for Skullface, the camera following him but never showing his face up until he takes his hat off at the helicopter, then the XOF badge passes next to Big Boss' FOX suit to really hammer it home. He was subtly built up to be this mysterious force that somehow knew everything there ever was to know about Snake's past. He was intelligent, he was one step ahead and he destroyed MSF.
But then TPP hits and it turns out he's a Zorro LARPer that was picking up Snake's feces during Operation Snake Eater or something and talks like he's in a Shakespeare play

Attached: 58.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

Skullface never does anything, he is only ever monologuing and piloting the metal gear, I think that is what harmed his character

Sure but, like, in a game, what did anyone think he'd be? 'Cause he doesn't strike me as someone who'd make for an interesting boss fight. He's clearly physically inferior to Big Boss/Venom Snake in every way. The moment they clashed, Skull Face is destined to lose.

>he doesn't strike me as someone who'd make for an interesting boss fight
Who knows? Metal Gear made a fat fuck with roller skates work as a boss, and Skully had already been shown to carry a Mare's Leg

Isn't he supposed to be more stealthy than BiBo? They could have a boss fight centered around that.

>he was cool as fuck in the GZ trailer.
His very appearance and face already made him goofy though. He wasn't anything special in GZ. In TPP at least he was fun.

big booba

Attached: quietlook.webm (1920x1080, 2.95M)

To essentially chop globohomo at the knees by crashing the English language

Based as fuck in all honesty

>he's a Zorro LARPer t
I like how people take issue with the mask, and not that he's practically MGS's version of Skeletor basically.
>was picking up Snake's feces during Operation Snake Eater
I kinda like that twist/retcon. It's one of the few that sort of make sense, and shows how Skull Face helped build up Big Boss' legend for him. Just like XOF is FOX's shadow, Skull Face is Big Boss' shadow.

The idea behind Skull Face is meant to be the same as Diamond Dogs' support unit. You know how when you're on the field, you can receive rough data on the field, approximate enemy positions, accurate weather data and all sorts of info depending on the level of your support unit? It's because the support unit is actually there, striking recon and surveying everything, then relaying the info back to you. They maximized stealth and their scouting capabilities, but they're no good in a fight. This is meant to be justification for why you can't actually see any of them (in reality, they're not actually in the game, so you have to go on Miller's word that they're there at all).

Skull Face is the same. He's the ultimate scout and he's amazing at staying out of sight, but that comes at the expense of everything else. If he tries to fight, then he'd give himself away, so he has to devote everything to staying out of sight. He's min-maxed for stealth and evidence disposal.

I never realised he was black.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

>It's one of the few that sort of make sense
Does it? Zero makes it clear right when you start Operation Snake Eater that if the mission failes, FOX will be disbanded. The pressure is so that Snake is sent out while still recovering from his injuries. I very much doubt the same FOX that was at the brink of destruction could've had a second sekrit operative running behind Snake all along. I get they were trying to tear down the legend, but it was sloppily made and that idea of "Just like XOF is FOX's shadow, Skull Face is Big Boss' shadow" that GZ actually kinda sells, TPP undermines.

Attached: 48.png (1920x1080, 3.34M)

SUCH A LUST

>They maximized stealth and their scouting capabilities, but they're no good in a fight. This is meant to be justification for why you can't actually see any of them (in reality, they're not actually in the game, so you have to go on Miller's word that they're there at all)
youtu.be/LLPzsj03ZAs

He's not? Concept art showed pre-burn Skullface as some Balkan looking guy with a moustache.