I've played about 2 hours of this now and I'm getting to a point where I'm thinking I may be too stupid for it...

I've played about 2 hours of this now and I'm getting to a point where I'm thinking I may be too stupid for it. It's not that I'm not enjoying it, it's that I don't get what I'm supposed to do

Attached: outer wilds.jpg (2048x2048, 934.96K)

The first time you spoke to the guy that gives you the launch codes, he seemed to have a lot to say about the Nomai, problem is I've forgotten all of it, including where he said I should be looking for them.

What I've been able to gather on my own is that the sun goes supernova and kills everything and everyone but aside from that I don't feel like I know what I'm doing

Read your ship logs

Explore more and do what this guy says

This game is about searching for points of interest to populate your ship log. Make sure you check out the exhibit.

>he doesn’t know about the ship logs

Exhibit gives you an overview of planets
6ou have a moon to visit on timberhearth. You also have timberhearth itself to explore.
At the very least pick a path to see out to the end, like Quantum stuff of finding the other explorers

Every time the ship log updates, you're making progress.

you're supposed to just wander around randomly until you find some texts and shit and read those on ship to get clues. not gonna lie it's just busy work so the game lasts longer

retard

>Hornfels tells you to go out and just explore on your own
>"UHHH WHAT DO I HAVE TO DOOOO???"
Just go play playstation cinematic garbage or an jrpg

Just crash into the sun until you crash into the station

where is the exhibit?
fair point, I have numerous times seen that notification "ship log updated" but I haven't really read it

I forgot what Hornfels told me about the Nomai, I know he said to look for them on one place, but I forgot what place it was

Even if you're dumb as hell you can let the ship log think for you. Or I don't know, just read stuff and ask questions, figure out what happened.

The museum user

user, is this a bit? are you doing a bit right now?
this game might not be your speed

orange text means more to do at that location, even if it's just an orange question mark

You might as well just watch a LP of the game because there is no way you are finishing it.

The Exhibit is in the starting town where you went and first got blasted by the Nomai statue. Go read the plaques in there because it explains a bunch of pertinent stuff for other planets. Outside of that basically just run around and look for places to explore that look interesting

I found the beginning to be kind of a slog until I started getting enough bread crumbs in the shiplog that point out exactly where you should be going.

I'll admit I looked up twin ashes. I did everything by myself but that, but that's the main puzzle so I guess I fucked up.
At least I have Obra Dinn as a complete victory, that was a ride.

form a hypothesis and test it. you don't have to just sniff around looking for interactables like a dumb animal, just stop and THINK.

Attached: 1636153893229.jpg (1280x2880, 343.21K)

kek OP isn't even struggling with the puzzles he's struggling just getting to the puzzles. Just look around dude

Attached: 1600370011492.jpg (720x545, 246.54K)

Land on the comet

Basically what the others said, look at ship logs.
The game only works, on your own desire to discover. Peak at the logs, see what you want to learn more of. See what it hints at and head there, and you be overwhelmed, and completely immersed. There is no bad spot to explore first. Go where your heart desires and start piecing things together.
Go ahead to the moon of Timer Hearth first, and then if you want some guidance, I'd say explore Giants Deep or Brittle Hollow after that. But you go where you wanna explore, those 2 just happened to be the first main areas I checked.
There is absolutely 0 way you would end up spoiling yourself, no matter where you go. You gotta really piece info together, and almost nothing will blatantly answer whats happening with any of the things you are learning about.
Oh also, don't do the dlc until the very end of the game. You'll know when you're about to hit the final stretch. The dlc gets some special scenes, based on how far you've gotten in the game.

I managed to land on the sun station on my first try

get nasa on the line

This game truly filters retards

I think it's more about complete urbanites. No sense of wonder in going around the hill and seeing what's there because the app already told you.

Is this a weak larp?