Pinball Videogames

Recently I visited a local bar that had a decent selection of Pinball tables, and I realized how much I enjoyed it. Can anyone recommend good ways to play pinball digitally?

Attached: Best Table.jpg (1200x1215, 411.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYDoRwCYips
vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads
pinballmap.com/
pinside.com/pinball/map
findapinball.com/en/browse/
ifpapinball.com/calendar/
matchplay.events/live
deadflip.com/tutorials/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-WQLGFMr97DnxeE1Rmi-wAwa-Vm7D-7i
nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=baller_installer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, Pinball FX for PC or Williams Pinball for tablet. They both have Williams tables so you're likely to find whatever you want (Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, etc.). Although, Williams Pinball has lootboxes and you'll have to pay to unlock tables or grind a lot. It has good physics for a mobile game though, it feels like the real thing.
Enjoy, I love Pinball too and it's pretty hard finding tables where I live so I know it's good to have a digital alternative even if it's not the same.

Buy or build a virtual pinball machine and play them all
youtube.com/watch?v=FYDoRwCYips

>Although, Williams Pinball has lootboxes
How does a pinball game have lootboxes?

Yea I saw both of these, is the Pinball FX FX3 or the one on Epic?

>digital pinball

if you really have played the real deal, you wouldn't be asking for this

I don't have the money to do that, but can that program be run on a normal desktop PC and played with a controller?

Yeah man I'm definitely lying about playing pinball once at a bar.

Basically you get daily challenges and when you complete them you can either get a special skin for your flippers, some of the in game currency or mechanical parts, which is the currency needed to unlock more tables or customize the ones you have
Pinball FX3, yes, I don't know about the one on Epic

what are you? what is this kind of person even called?

I'm still mad that pinball arcade on switch was released right after they lost the license.

Pinball Arcade had the best and most complete collection of tables but they lost all the licenses so you have to pirate it to get them now
Pinball FX3 now has a bunch of Williams tables but still not nearly as many as Pinball Arcade used to have and pretty much none of the licensed stuff
However FX3 also has a mode with more realistic physics which I like better than Arcades physics

You don't have to spoonfeed but is there a pack floating around somewhere with Pinball Arcade and all the Williams tables?

Yes just find one that has seasons 1-7 pro packs and it should have pretty much everything

Here is a rabbit hole for you to go down
vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads

I get what you mean and I agree that a real machine feels infinitely better than a digital machine, but prices for actual machines are insane right now.

Thanks for this, looks like this is what I was looking for.

anybody has a bigass updated visual pinball/virtual pinball pack?

I love me some Williams and it's legit the only phone game I play, but goddamn some of this freemium shit drives me up the wall
>Have to upgrade a table to grade 3 in order to unlock the third daily challenge slot
>third challenge costs tickets (free currency) just to attempt (the other two slots don't do this)
>card packs littered with ugly cosmetics that are ONE TIME USE
>Upgrading a table to grade 4 (the one that gets you full feature access like in the console/pc versions) requires 50 table parts of that specific table and 100 premium coins, and you'll get maybe 1 or 2 after grinding for a long time
>Overall the real money cost per table is much more expensive than the console/pc version

And I have yet to get a single table part for Indiana Jones. Is it even possible or do I need to buy card packs because I'm not doin that

>Large
>Expensive
>Breaks if you look at it dirty
Does it really surprise you that there's a demand for something a little more portable?

No, Indiana Jones can only be attained through paying unfortunately
I don't bother going above level 2, honestly even if some features are missing, I feel like it's not worth the hassle. You can easily cheese the system though, some tables like Getaway or the Fishing one give you free points if you just let the ball fall and use the automatic saves so you can get the easy and medium challenges without doing anything.
Of course, it's still miles easier to just run the PC version

How to find pinball and pinball tournaments in your area:
US, Canada, Australia, Japan, Finland, UK
pinballmap.com/
Worldwide:
pinside.com/pinball/map
Europe:
findapinball.com/en/browse/

Tournaments:
Depending on where you live, there may be a facebook group for players in your area.
You can also find tournaments near you here and here:
ifpapinball.com/calendar/
matchplay.events/live

Pinball Simulators that will give you a free virtual pin or two as a sample:
Pinball Fx 3 (Sorcerer's Lair, Fish Tales)
Zaccaria (Time Machine)
Pinball Arcade (Mary Shelley's Frankenstein)
Stern Pinball Arcade (Also Frankenstein)
There's also Visual Pinball, which is a freeware pinball simulator.

How to become Good at Pinball (wholly optional):
deadflip.com/tutorials/ (techniques in gif form)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-WQLGFMr97DnxeE1Rmi-wAwa-Vm7D-7i

Attached: Black Knight Sword of Rage flyer both pages jpg.jpg (2396x1552, 2.15M)

Set up Baller Installer for however many screens your desktop has, one is fine but 2 is better so you can turn one vertically. Download tables from VPforums. You'll need to create accounts for both but you can use throwaway emails. It's all free and also the best approximation of real pinball you can get anywhere.
nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=baller_installer
PinballFX sucks in comparison.

>Breaks if you look at it dirty
The arcade i went to as a kid and early teen had a working Gorgar machine until it closed, 1984-2002

There's a pinball arcade an hour away but I can't convince my dad to go with me.

Attached: 1646325803606.jpg (561x570, 29.69K)

I would imagine that Gorgar received maintenance though.

Attached: Gorgar pinball flyer center.jpg (1200x783, 316.87K)

Im sorry, fellow boomer. But a shitload of Williams, Bally, and Gottlieb machines will essentially never be played again outside of some autist's garage. Pushing for as many as possible to be converted to virtual machines is the most we can hope for.

Boomers give us such shit for our taste but imagine paying to hit a metal ball kek

Attached: 1656923782094.webm (1280x720, 1.76M)

but the virtual version is boring, you don't get the feeling o launching the ball or the gentle tap of the paddles

Use this link I posted here instead. It's way easier and installs Future Pinball, multiple versions of Visual Pinball etc. in just a few clicks.

Yeah all I do is grind the challenge modes, just wish that I could get the full fledged challenge modes for my fav tables without paying out the nose. I own all the Williams tables on Steam but I ain't lugging my pc around

Now tell me with a straight face that the owner never had to do maintenance after hours on it

Fuck Stern, fuck niggers, and fuck jannies.

Attached: 1605137285421.png (998x1297, 473.73K)

>wandering around the mall killing time before I have to be somewhere
>wander past the cinema
>old pinball machines set up near the entrance
>only accept tokens
>put in $5 get three tokens
>two tokens per play
>smack balls around for 2 minutes until they fall into the hole
>waste $5
I don't get it. I could have bought a magazine or something instead.

Gatekeeper/snob. He has a point though. Once you get good at nudging, playing virtual pinball is not fun anymore.

>Black Knight
Unbelievably based taste, BK2000 is the best table ever made

Attached: bk2000.jpg (492x640, 60.5K)

>$3+ per play
Christ, I hope that's a joke user.

How bout you git gud

You can just download the free version from Steam, apply a crack and all the delisted tables will be there.

I think the free table changes every month so this is outdated

They didn't actually have this one where I went, but I had that Williams Pinball collection on my Wii when I was a kid, and this one and Fun house were my favorites.

Abe Flips has much better tutorial videos than PAPA

There are lots of places that have EMs. But there are so many EMs that some of them are hard to find.

Attached: Liberty Bell pinball flyer.jpg (892x1150, 489.89K)

Inflation is fucked and bar/venue operators don't understand that games are a draw to make you spend on food and drink. The longer I can sit around playing games, the more goods I am apt to buy for the duration.
Instead they want to get a direct return on the investment so they'll fuck you around and even jack up the difficulty and neglect to service controls like the old arcade jews used to.

I know how to nudge, its not some crazy skill. I still enjoy pinball arcade. theres nudging in virtual pinball too

On which? The old Pinball FX 3 for consoles still has fish tales as the free table.

Stern are the only guys making good games these days. Jersey Jack lost the magic, miss me with that Toy Story 4 shit. Spooky was never consistent, they've had some gems but Halloween sucked ass. American games are generally clunky. Meanwhile Elwin's Sterns are some of the best games ever made.

Say what you will about Pinball Arcade's physics but those guys at Farsight were pumping out a new table every MONTH meanwhile the FX guys are dragging their feet, what gives?

What location is this? I've literally never seen prices that high, most I've seen is like $1.50 at the type of shitty arcades that use swipe cards with points. $1.00 is generally the standard for new games but I still find many classics on route for $0.50