Is emulation unethical?

>And here's Mario Kart 8
>On 50cc because I'm a games journalist

Attached: 1651975003190.png (1476x442, 590.16K)

"Emulation" (aka piracy) is extremely disrespectful to the artists and developers who worked on the game and are a violation of the license you agreed to when you bought a license to play the game.
It's 3rd worlder degeneracy, yes. Get a job and just play the games like its creators intended you to.

All those classic Nintendo games you play on modern Nintendo devices are just emulations themselves. I'm not paying for that.

based happy hunchback

tendies will seethe FBI AAAAAAAA

No, MK8DX has sold a billion copies and it's not like they're selling their older games

i will buy the games, 15 years after they come out, used, on ebay to place them in my collection and never open them if, and ONLY if i liked emulating them
nintendo can suck my average white cock if they are not ok with it

>openly promotes emulation and piracy on their main channel
Based 3000 IQ canadians, cant wait to see the lawsuit video in a couple of months.

Attached: KEKW.jpg (1125x1125, 68.23K)

Emulation and dumping your own ROMs isn't illegal, dipshit, downloading games for free is.

kek, op is a nintroon.

Attached: 156.jpg (700x700, 331.85K)

>artists and developers
Generally don't receive royalties, they instead get paid a salary while working on the game. They might receive a one-off bonus if the game does well, sometimes this bonus is tied to a certain metacritic score instead of actual sales. Fallout: New Vegas is a good example of this.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

holy shit, it's fucking over for Nintendo

Emulation is not piracy retard. You can legally emulate a dumped game that you own.

holy shit

Attached: 1634538645.png (443x479, 173.46K)

they did not promote piracy

>Is emulation unethical
Is the software abandoned?
No.
Is the software still being sold by the developers?
Yes.
You just want to pirate Metroid so just admit you want free games.

>Generally don't receive royalties
In your head?
99% of emulated games are companies like Nintendo not EA

>starts the video wheezing and out of breath
>yeah, the steam deck is much bulkier and has a worse battery life, but it's also a handheld pc and since i don't actually play video games it's the only real option

They are OPENLY promoting piracy user.

good
fuck buyfags

>yes goy pirate good games and the only games that make money are DRM heavy live service games

it is merely an implication that the viewer may or may not act upon based on how they interpret the video

No, it's not unethical.

Is ripping off the public unethical?

While you're technically 100% correct, you and I both know that emulation is almost always synonymous with piracy. I know people who do emulate games that they own legit copies for and just want to play the game with better performance, but those people are the extreme minority in the emu scene.
tl;dr it's intellectually dishonest to claim that pro emu people aren't promoting piracy even if they don't say it.

>it is merely an implication
lol

implying
your shit will always fail
people who make actually good games will get money even if the games are free

So developers do not deserve to be paid?
You are not pirating EA games. Stop shitposting.

>While you're technically 100% correct
So I'm correct? Take your meds, they did not promote piracy. They showed you how to dump games legally. They never implied you would do anything else. The emulator itself does not promote piracy either.