What was the point of this character

what was the point of this character

Attached: leng.jpg (1200x750, 142.03K)

>we want the weeb audience

He was basically the token tranny, ugly woman we keep seeing now in new games. He just didn't fit in at all and was way too edgy even for an anime.

Attached: 1640808660625.jpg (1456x1142, 1.2M)

He was supposed to be the cool Merc that everyone likes because he's edgy.

Nobody liked him because he's an uncool Merc that everyone hates because he's 3edgy5me.

Dunno, I've completely forgotten most if not all of ME3 except for the part where I felt it was in character for my Shepard to blast Mordin and the multiplayer. Good lord was that multiplayer fun as hell.

Attached: thewall.png (512x1024, 280.54K)

>Leng
>token tranny
you need to take a break from Any Forums

kids love wacky ninja assassins who eat your cereals!
-some boomer

if the "making of" documentary and Art book are to be believed he was one of many ideas of making a inverted Shepard (think Green Goblin to Spider-man in terms of personality) that just fell apart. Their very first idea was that god awful clone concept that was all but dead until the new team came onboard and did that last DLC for ME3. The others was resurrecting Saren, and a reaper/geth hybrid. They settled on a fallen from grace Alliance commander that was Specture potential that Cerberus scooped up after they lost Shep. For reasons not disclosed he became a weird back flipping samurai as development went on.

Attached: mass_effect_3_conceptart_5rPrB.jpg (443x600, 69.98K)

I can't read anons mind but I was taking his point to what was really getting out of hand in those years of having some parkour flipping katana wielding charterer. It was plaguing both games and shows for a few years back then

I'm sure I'm giving user too much credit however

Attached: goty2012collage.jpg (705x350, 62.57K)

He was a poor attempt at making a Shepard rival.

>They settled on a fallen from grace Alliance commander that was Specture potential that Cerberus scooped up after they lost Shep
That's so dumb, mfer is their plan B after losing shep, it sounds more pathetic than badass

Asian masculinity

it's what happens when you treat each installment of your trilogy as a stand alone title.

Also didn't help that he felt more like a distraction from the main game.

me2 was criticized for not having a direct antagonist (no harbinger yoinking a collector and buffing it didn't count) so they added a last minute faggot to make you hate. Kai leng would of been better if he just never said anything and was a silent assassin

They really shouldn't listen to fan feedback looking at what the end results have been

I mean yes but I also don't think the concept of kai leng was the problem it was more how they made him an edgelord who has the power of cutscene plotarmor and sends you fucking hate mail after you kick his ass

Attached: wiz7dejip2o71.jpg (500x444, 37.75K)

I don't think they could avoid how lame he turn out, The plot of ME3 starts with Reapers crashing onto earth it makes everything else very stupid to deal with. If they had any understanding of structure, they would have saved the Reaper invasion for the second act and make the first act a fight between Shepard and Cerberus to claim the MacGuffin that could stop the reapers, it would have helped tone down a lot of the dumb that went on in ME3

While it probably would have been stupid in practice, bringing back Saren the same way they brought back Shepard is probably the most interesting option out of that group. Saren was already an inversion of Shepard and has a much better "nemesis" quality to him than fucking Kai Leng ever did.

Granted, they'd have to find a way to make Saren want to kill Shepard again even if you convinced him to shoot himself in ME1, but they probably would have just forgotten about that like I did.

He was written for a series of books that existed before ME3. The game was seen as the end of the series so the devs felt the need to tie up all loose ends, and they thought it'd be a cool idea to add book characters into it as well. Kahlee Sanders also comes from the same books Kai Leng does. The problem has less to do with Leng himself and more to do with BioWare always having been incompetent when it comes to action cutscenes, so whenever he's on screen Shepard and his squad act like idiots that have never held a gun in their lives.

Attached: 126-11f82baf17.jpg (904x1131, 145.13K)