Why does neo-Any Forums hate dungeon crawlers?

Why does neo-Any Forums hate dungeon crawlers?

Attached: arx fatalis dungeon crawler gameplay.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

because they don't want to play a video game, they just want to have already played a video game so that they can get their dopamine reward.

Arx is not a dungeon crawelr, it's a RPG / immersive sim hybrid

I wouldn't know.

define dungeon crawler

define my cock in your mouth you fucking idiot. legend of grimrock is a dungeon crawler. maybe your peabrain can put two and two together

and arx fatalis IS NOT a dungeon crawler u fucuking nigger. rather than spergin out like the massive autist faggot that you are, i asked OP to define what he means by dungeon crawler.

RPGs traditionally (meaning TTRPG roots) are separated in cities/towns/villages, outdoors/wilds, and dungeons - each with distinct play opportunities, design philosophy and player expectations. Dungeon crawlers are RPGs that take place primarily in the dungeon design space, with minimal emphasis on the other ones (as usually to have game in only one of these spaces you have to transfer some elements over). That's it. It's not a hard genre to grasp.

none of these words actually mean anything

They do since the lead designer and studio founder defined the game as such and cited Ion Storm as influence and inspiration.
I will take his definition over your random ass literally nobody one and day of the week.

are the nipponese wizardry games any good?

>that ridiculously tiny interface
I'd rather play on 800x600 than deal with icons for ants

arx libertatis has optional scaling for bigger res.
This size is fine.

are there any good modern first-person fantasy crawlers?
grimrocks were great, what about operencia and bard's tale 4?

Attached: 15768951375600.jpg (1028x1500, 148.03K)

I think dungeon means an underground prison.

i love them

Kek.
Pic unrelated

Attached: 1642009832608.png (960x587, 886.26K)

I have this on Steam, is there a fan patch or something that you should use for it though?

Yes. Google Arx Libertatis.

yes, arx libertatis

Thanks

because im not a 40 year old who is satisfied with identical corridors copy and pasted three hundred times simply because there's nothing better that is available

you literally crawl around a dungeon

yes. Axed Libertitties

You can't crawl in Arx.

No you don't, the game just takes place underground.
Is Underrail also a dungeon crawler to you?

>Is Underrail also a dungeon crawler to you
yes retard, its 90% exploring caves and fighting

Holy shit this is either bait or you are really retarded
Let me guess, Tomb Raider is now a dungeon crawler aswell?