Do people really like all genres of vidya? Am I the only one who only likes a few?

Do people really like all genres of vidya? Am I the only one who only likes a few?

Attached: 1651455775753.jpg (760x480, 97.37K)

That's like asking does everyone but me like every type of food. No RETARD

Then why do people give me so much shit for only liking 3-4 genres?

Because you are a retard.

The only one I don't really like are shmups, though I played like 5 of those anyway to get to know the genre
Pretty much all genres have some worthwhile games

Because you're pretentious.

People who haven't played at least 100 standalone non-flash non-phone games shouldn't post on Any Forums. If this was enforced then the board would improve dramatically.

Attached: 76600.png (1360x1771, 1.2M)

>food analogy

Attached: download (15).jpg (215x235, 12.09K)

3-4 is pretty low. On average I would say that most people who game on a weekly basis are either in the category where they only play 3-4 specific games or like 10+ genres. It's not just that it is low but also that you aren't sticking to specific games. Or are you? When you say genres do you play more than 5 games in each on a regular basis?

Because you're faggy.

What are they because there are some "Universally Accepted" Genres like Platformers, and Shooters and some that are acceptable to ignore like Racing Games and basically anything that never culturally moved past the arcade in any major way while staying a part of the greater "Gaming" Ecosystem.

That only happens if people like genres I don't like

I only dislike jrpgs and fighting games. It's about being open minded user, and unironically having fun

I like playing anything minus fight games (I have no idea how to play them other than smash buttons like a retard) and horror games (I'm a pussy).
But I enjoy watching other people play those games

>I don’t like racing games so it’s okay to ignore them
Lemme guess, you play faggy RPGs and flavor of the month battle royal games. You aren’t a gamer unless there’s a game in every genre you enjoy. EVERY genre. If you ignore a single one, you’re a pathetic nigger who doesn’t play games. Simple as.

/Thread

Only Any Forumstards would call you pretentious for actually playing video games lol

Its a too hot too cold dillema
Liking everything is unreasonablr but only 4 really limits you

Ah fuck, I thought I played at least one game from every genre, but I just realised I never played a battle royale game. Oh well

Who is giving you shit? Any Forums? Any Forums will give you shit for anything it possibly can.

Because your friends want to play a new game with you but you always say no and play LoL

name every genre

what a poser

I played ASSFAGGOTS for way longer than I'd like to admit

Attached: god I hate americans.jpg (667x468, 166.91K)

Most likely not. I'm willing to try the occasional new thing but I definitely know what I do and don't like and stay in my wheelhouse 90% of the time. Mind you, I'm also old enough to have all of that just about sorted out.

No one willing to make a genre bingo?

Where did you get this picture of me

Liking only a few vidya genres is the gaming equivalent of an autistic child who will only eat McDonald's

I love first person shooters. Love them. I can play FPS for the rest of my life and be happy with them. There's not many other genres I enjoy playing, I like platforming, metroidvania, CRPGs, the occasional RTS, but nothing beats the immersion of FPS.

Attached: file.png (706x397, 174.22K)

>character action
>immersive sim
>FPS
>RTS
>grand strategy
>racing
>flight sim
>typing game (think textorcist, typing of the dead)
>fighting
>beat 'em up
>shmup
>rhythm
>stealth
>platformer
>puzzle
>factory sim
>roguelike
>roguelite
>metroidvania
>CRPG