Whats the deal with this game? Do I want it for 5 bucks?

Whats the deal with this game? Do I want it for 5 bucks?

Attached: file.png (475x600, 531.51K)

it's an incredibly cryptic and punishing platformer adventure game that rewards patience, note-taking, and critical thinking

I remember Any Forums used to shill this game a lot years ago as something along the lines of "secretly the sequel to SotN we never got" but I never liked it. I didn't like the aesthetics and thats 90% of any good platformer.

it's nothing like SotN, anyone who told you that was trolling you. it's an homage to classic MSX games like maze of galious

not OP but how much bullshit is in this game and be honest

That's probably why I don't like it. Never been a big fan of mazes.

people aren't joking when they say to take meticulous notes on every single room in the game and draw out your own maps

but to answer your question, the game is absolutely chock full of bullshit if you aren't taking notes, and has only a handful of bullshit moments if you are

It's a nice puzzle game, action adventure.
You gotta keep notes (the game has a feature that allows you to store clues), and you gotta use your brain and might to kill shit and figure riddles / secrets.
I beat it without many issues, only had to look up 1 puzzle and it's because I was too retarded to remember the key detail
it was the mantra with the snake statue

Requires crippling autism to enjoy.

You can beat it in around 20 hours or less if you aren't stupid

Mostly fair if you approach it properly, but the bullshit parts are some of the worst you'll find anywhere. It IS completely doable without looking anything up, but you will look things up at some point. The sequel manages to rein in the bullshit while still being difficult. Felt a lot more fair than the first game. Both are absolutely great though.

some spoilers ahead so care
>tfw first time playing
>Didn't pick up the holy grail
>Ended up in tower of moonlight
>Beat the miniboss without time stop
>Went to lava caverns, picked cape up and then found my way back to the main path
fuck that was kino

Very few games feel the way that La Mulana makes you feel, for better or worse. There is a real sense of wonder and adventure there that most games can't reproduce. How a 2d game manages to be so immersive actually blows my mind.

I call bullshit here. I did about 70% of the game on my own but the part where you had to fucking go into a random jar like mario and you appear somewhere else (I think the water area?) was so fucking stupid I just resorted to a guide immediately after I got stuck on any part after that.

One of the best games I've ever played but yes, you need to grab a pen and paper to get the full experience/beat the game.
It's worth every penny if you like puzzle games and the metroidvania genre

Attached: avgnindiana.png (672x503, 381.2K)

The jar took me some time, i was just fucking around and found it,
but the
>bend the knee
in gate of illusion felt too obvious for me, still can't believe I got the flail whip puzzle first try (I was keeping track of the stone's value but standing on it was a fluke)

The hints for that one are pretty obvious in hindsight, but until you actually do it there's very little way to put them together to know what to do. You just have to rely on the fact that like a third of the puzzles in the game are solved by pressing down in the right place.

it has some of the best level designs in vidya but if you want to beat it blind you need to be autistic and/or have a lot of free time

I had the opposite problem, where every single clue that mentioned a hand I thought MUST refer to this giant statue pointing at a jar. So when it finally was used for a puzzle I figured it out immediately. The other sewer grate? Not so much. False walls are my BANE in this game.
Right now I'm in the Dimensional Corridor, trying to get that last sacred orb.

Serious question. How was I supposed to find enter in random wall for water mechanism puzzle?

I wish I could forget these games. I love both but every playthrough loses a little magic as the solutions to some of the puzzles become unforgettable. Figuring out the puzzles of the Underworld in 2 was extremely satisfying and probably my favorite bit.

Attached: info.png (186x77, 19.03K)

>flail whip
I remember looking that one up only because I remember hearing from someone it was the only puzzle you can permanently fail