Hey guys, what's better for monster components farming: calamity or classic quest + cap?

Hey guys, what's better for monster components farming: calamity or classic quest + cap?
Also mh rise thread

Attached: heh.jpg (1920x1080, 794.15K)

update when

Attached: file.png (1219x142, 116.99K)

>players with >9000 hours in previous entries call sunbreak too easy
>people who speedran through to MR80+ in a week call sunbreak too short
>faggots who only play multiplayer and use gunner weapons complain the monsters go down too quickly
>people who have 10 billion items from autistically managing their argosy dogs complain about lack of required prepwork
>randoms wearing HR gear in my SOS quests run up and get oneshot by MR monsters
Monster Hunter has a weird playerbase and I love Fiorayne

still on HR as i double dipped to play on deck... does sunbreak have some sort of hyper/tempered system?

Yes. It's basically Apex again except without the fucking Wystones which makes it way better.

Yeah you end up fighting faster / harder hitting special monsters after the story. The HP-bloat fags were kinda right, they’re a slog to get through before you’re fully powered up

neat... now the real question... do they have special materials to upgrade your weapons/create different armours? I know the answer is almost certainly no but a boy can dream.

Yes, they drop special materials that let you upgrade your weapons and create the best Lv4 decorations.

They drop their normal parts + a part that is dropped by a few different monsters. You need these to craft rarity 10 weapons.

nice nice... not quite as good as generations where you can have hyper version of armours (if im remembering right). although gen had the advantage of just porting everything from the older games.

Yeah like the others said, you upgrade your weapons but get no cool new armors :(. Not trying to go to far into spoilers but you can upgrade a lot of weapons.

yeah thats better than i expected. i think having generations as the first mon hun that i played for more than 10 hours really spoiled my expectations for every game to follow. I hope once we're done with the RE engine and ready to uprade to next next next next gen mon hun we get a generations 2 with everything from world onwards in it.

Sell me on SnS, Any Forumsros. Always liked the look and the idea of having a shield, but never touched it. What's the best way to play it?

Nobody to answer my initial question?

Attached: huh.jpg (1920x1080, 596.14K)

Depends on what part you need. Some parts you don't get from caps, some are more common. Either way you should have two gathering palicos

I picked up SNS in Sunbreak and mained it through the final story boss
Pros:
>more knockouts than hammer
>elemental and raw both viable
>really fast attacks
>good at repositioning
>silkbind counters are cool
>backhop has huge iframes
>perfect rush is cool
>can run guard if you want
>Hi Ninja Sword (base 100% affinity) for comfort runs
>sexy weapon designs
>fits the European knight theme
>mobile with new shield dash switch skill
Cons:
>really short range
>no seriously like you have to be touching the monster with your face
>damage is questionable
>new destroyer oil skill doesn’t do squat
Overall I’ve really liked it. Looking forward to completing my ele sets

sns, you just have to stay on the monster at all times. slot in a few levels of evasion and your good to go.

>Thought I'd take a break from Gunlancing to learn one of those fast DPS weapons without a shield
>Settle on DBs, make a meme set using the last boss stuff
>Try them out against a few low level mons to get a feel for them
>Literally fucking impossible to hit anything, every time I press a button I go sliding across the screen
>Monster is spazzing out spinning and running constantly, have to always be turning my camera to try and get it on the damn screen
>15 minutes of me, the monster and the screen autistically spinning around before it just dies, feel like I did no damage but okay
Aren't these supposed to be easy to use what the fuck

Attached: 1446780_20220703223017_1.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

>Play HH since 3U
>Hate what they did with it in Rise, give hammer a try
>Think I'm pretty good with hammer
>Constantly see anons saying it does no damage, useless, etc.
>Get pissed enough to install damage tracker to check for sure
>Consistently first place doing 28-30% of the monster's health while still spending two minutes collecting spiribirds at the beginning of the hunt
>Gone as high as 41%
Fags who complain about Hammer are probably LS users

Didn't know about the gathering palicos. Thanks!

What is calamity?

Just look at your Hunting Notes. Looking at the percents should be more than enough to infer on your own whether the part you want is better gotten through capturing or killing.