Game looks interesting

>game looks interesting
>tags: "deckbuilding" and "roguelike"

Name worse combination, I fucking dare you.

Attached: 165646~3.jpg (306x331, 68.65K)

Not a big deal, I just skip to the next trailer. Like a thousand new games come out every month. Don't have time to dwell on the shitty ones.

Can you stop making this fucking post?
There are close to 0 "deckbuilding roguelikes" on the market.
It's just Slay the Spire, Card Quest, Monster Train and probably one other.

I just made it, you fucking retard. Stopping after making it once? If you saw similar posts before it's because Im not the only one who find it shit. And no, "deckbuilding" somehow got popular among new indie games and I consider it absolute worst.

No it didn't you absolute buffoon, the genre is empty as fuck.

>and probably one other.
One Step From Eden

soulslike and indie

Deck builders are great though.

Attached: 1650191882026.png (1500x844, 2.67M)

>crafting, open world, survival (+multiplayer)
I'm with you though OP, I've seen so many neat looking games just to see "Construct a unique deck!" and immediately closed the tab. It's already such a stale concept and I hate it when games that don't even predominantly feature deckbuilding have it as a minor mechanic.

One Step From Eden is the only roguelike I have ever played more than a single run of, and I think that mostly has to do with me liking both deckbuilding and Battle Network's combat systems.

>Pixel Art
>Platforming
EZ

Love it when the "roguelike" aspect is just "the cards you draw are random"
It's really great and good and definitely correct

I think OP means "When combined with Roguelike"

And, to be fair, you posted one of the blandest deckbuilders ever, when buying currency into land is the optimal play 90% of the time anyways.

Turn-based RPG

This.
I wish they replaced JRPG combat with deckbuilding.
It would add a lot more depth to the combat.

Of course, it will be harder to balance and design than something generic like Dragon Quest, but still.
It would be a good change of pace.

Attached: 1637435234667.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

holy shit this game looks cool
>card game
alright well what about this one?
>survival, crafting, roguelite
fucking, fine what about this?
>hide and seek, survival horror

so many good premises ruined to bait streamers and their retarded followers

Attached: 1636516069407.png (640x480, 359.77K)

>so many good premises ruined to bait streamers and their retarded followers
Can you name a couple of premises that seemed promising but fell into those categories?

Nothing fun in having success based on utilizing complex strategies and relations between cards that can be drawn at random and thus ALWAYS not in the way you need.

holy brainlet

Go fuck yourself. Games should relay on strategies, not bland rng.

Play chess

>survival, crafting, roguelite
valheim. fun as fuck game with friends but you get your shit pushed in by everything outside the starting zone, and god help you if you didn't put a bed down and make it your spawn point otherwise you're walking back to where some troll one-shot you only to die again

>hide and seek, survival horror
phasmo fucking phobia, a game where you go ghost hunting is something i've been wanting a long time, and it's just a fucking "OOOOOOOH HERE COMES THE MONSTER AFTER 20 MINUTES OF CALLING THEIR NAME OUT, RUN AND HIDE! UH OH YOU GOT CAUGHT AND DIED" i am so fucking disappointed at this

It's called risk management.
You are not supposed to win at every front and everytime *just* because you are very skilled at the game.
Think of it like Poker, top-level players aren't getting more lucky, they just know when to cut their losses.

How do you implement a failstate in a game like phasmophobia if you don't have any chasing actors?

except balancing combo pieces with draw/search engines is a skill, and if it weren't there wouldn't be competitive MTG

>How do you implement a failstate in a game like phasmophobia if you don't have any chasing actors?
either make it so you don't die immediately after the ghost catches you(fuck your cross, nigga.) or remove the chase completely and favor traps, like getting locked in a room with the ghost.

just fucking ANYTHING other than instant death after being "caught".

You wait right there

Attached: 1573890537289.jpg (5760x8639, 3.86M)