Halo is dead

>Halo is dead
>Gears is dead

Why?

Attached: 038fcd91bf4294330e11c96634019029.jpg (560x415, 19.63K)

Because they didn't have speical "cool" class powers while being a "fun" shooter at the same time. Something like that.

Halo is lucky for living as long as it did.
It has a good run. Most shooters don't last for 5 sequels+spinoffs.

So what you are saying is people like garbage games and need to feel like they are special in order to like a video game? You are saying that Halo and Gears required too much skill so they abandoned ship?

>Why?
cod, like wow, killed an entire genre

Probably not enough diversity and inclusion seriously why make an awesome game when you can represent marginalized people instead

Gears I don't know, haven't played one since 3.
Halo is dead because 343 are genuinely one of the most incompetent studios on the planet and the upper management has some sort of dirt or sucks the dick of higher ups at microsoft. I genuinely believe if you gave Halo to a studio a quarter of the size with a 1/10th of the budget Infinite had of people who just like Halo and aren't fucking retards they would produce a game beloved by millions, new and old fans alike.

>Most shooters don't last for 5 sequels+spinoffs.

>Doom
>Call of Duty
>Battlefield
>Killzone
>Quake
>Unreal
>Farcry
>Wolfenstein
>and many many more

They were a product of the times. Hardcore space marines and manly soldiers with chainsaw in their guns shooting aliens got old after the 3958th game that was trying to copy that.
All the fun was in the online anyway and kids these days play amogus and fortnite. It wasn't meant to live that long.

Why do you think modern shooters have shit pop up and flash every two seconds one screen? its because zoomers have burnt out minds and need a constant influx of "GOOD JOB" or "YOUR AMAZING" to feel the need to play games.

They dont know what the fuck to woth them after firing their ocs, cant wait them fucking wow and Blizzard games but with more probable an age of empires x Warcraft game

Half of that list is super dead user

You could say Doom 2016 is a reboot (or it actually is?). Quake hasn't had many sequels. Unreal is long dead, and stopped even caring about a series of stories early on.

And Minecraft is dead. Soon they will own ActiBlizz, and Overwatch, Starcraft, Warcraft III, Diablo III and WoW are dead. Soon CoD will also be dead.

Based Phil is taking out the trash.

games got worse and worse

Im not feeling Gears 5. Something that's hard to articulate is just how good the encounter designs were in Gears 1, and just how bad they are in Gears 5. Also the open world bits add nothing and I can already tell it'll kill replayability.

it's natural for things to die. Halo should have died after 3. the more interesting question is why the increasingly battered corpse of an IP can be repackaged and sold as much as it can

But yet Fortnite has lasted a long time now at this point. I just don't get gamers at all. The only thing that is apparent to me is that they like shit.

They don't really know how to make good games

The point was there have been plenty of FPS series out there that have had numerous sequels and prequels.

>it's natural for things to die.

This is absolute horse shit. Nintendo's IP's are still going strong. In fact some are even having a huge resurgence such as Metroid with Dread being their best selling one perhaps ever. Metroid Prime 4 will also be on the way. It isn't a natural thing at all its a company thing. These companies are the ones that kill their own franchises through mismanagement or shit ideas for the sequels.