YoshiP's extravagant excuses about Final Fantasy 16, the Flop

> well we decided not to make the game openworld, because we listen to fans who didn't want the openworld games
> totally not because our "Business Division 3" team is unable to make an openworld game...
> this is certainly a creative choice..........
>I swear

LOL

Attached: final-fantasy-16-naoki-yoshida_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg (1280x720, 318.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v8lvAq_yp_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The ridicolous YoshiP strikes again

Final Fantasy XV sucked

XVs open world sucked and theyre trying their hardest to not associate with that stink.

thank you yoship, the less you remind of Final Shitasy XV, the better.

They aren't able to make an open world game
So pitiful and trash team

youtube.com/watch?v=v8lvAq_yp_w

Yay I just love the open flat plains with round bandit forts and bigger trees that have beast enemies spawn around them!

>b-but XV
Holy fucking cope. So you'd rather it be more like XIII, or worse?

Final Fantasy was always a freeroam RPG you absolute faggots.

FFS ESL-kun is awake again.

>Final Fantasy was always a freeroam RPG you absolute faggots.
nope

FF XVI structure has been confirmed as a mix of large and small instanced areas. It'll probably be closest to FF XII and XIV. Larger open areas for exploration and monster hunting, set piece semi-linear dungeons and towns/cities as vendor and quest giver hubs.

Attached: 1654255554764.jpg (2160x1193, 505.52K)

I'n happy about this because open world games are invariably shit. Even the best of them work better as linear games.

Are you like 12 years old?

Everyone who actually plays XIV knows this guy is a hack of the highest caliber.

>So you'd rather it be more like XIII, or worse?
It already is. Next Gen Final Fantasy is a joke, even bigger jokes than the simps defending it failure after failure after failure. If you defend a FF game past X you aren't an actual fan because no game for the past decade has had anything resembling what made Final Fantasy good.

That's why your threads are all shit, you point fingers at each other ignore the fact Square plays you all for fools and puts out whatever they feel like and expect you to lap it up like the sheep you are. It's telling you defend the most Americanized FF too that's only merits are how much it spent on advertisement to attract retards like yourself.

Attached: 1650498867873.png (450x241, 137.77K)

Yes, XIII problem was the story. You could also make it more open like ff12 but that's still not open world.

>OP apparently has no middle ground in his mind between open world and FF13

>the flop
The game isn't out yet.

12 is good.

FFXIV has a shit story

Less OPENworld and more OVERworld, pl0x.

This retarded ESL is back again.
>Final Fantasy was always a freeroam RPG you absolute faggots
Since fucking when? Even XV is narratively linear. What the fuck are you on about you dumb fuck.

Open world is garbage
Overworld is kino

>XV's open world sucks ass and damages the franchise's reputation
>Naoki Yoshida, in his wisdom, goes back to XII's open zones
>makes the best modern Final Fantasy game
>Barry melts down so hard Australia becomes the next Chernobyl

Hmmm
I wonder who could be behind this thread.. .

Open World is a fucking meme and I'm tired of it. I've always been wanting an FF that does an overworld more akin to the classic games where instead of the zoom out, it's 1:1 with you.

>totally not because our "Business Division 3" team is unable to make an openworld game...
FFXIV is an open world. Even though they don't utilize it to its full potential. And to be frank, FF as a series just isn't conducive to open worlds. Because they focus on cinematics and point to point events. Even back when the games were "open" like FFVI or VII, they were still linear. You still just went to an area and triggered a cutscene. Having the games eventually go to linear zones was just inevitable.

FFXVI is going to have the same cutscene/story focus. I don't like that kind of progression. But that's why I'm not a huge FF fan. I play other series where open worlds are utilized better. And FFXVI being linear cutscene driven isn't why it's going to fail. The lack of early marketing and the games visual design is why it's going to fail.

Attached: 20170623215106_1.jpg (1920x1080, 430.41K)

Absolutely. The XIII games will one day be lauded with the praise they deserve.

It's going to flop not because its not an open world game.
It's going to flop because it sucks.

FFXV is the greatest game ever made