My old man wants to get into video games. Which ones should I give him...

My old man wants to get into video games. Which ones should I give him? Anything focusing on hand-eye coordination is probably a bad start, so I'll give him some turn based strategy games, but is there anything else suitable for beginners?

Attached: 1638832095998.jpg (1920x2560, 577.34K)

plants vs zombies maybe

does he like chess? you could try one of those wacky chess games with new pieces and such.

what kind of stuff does he like?

how old
Don't underestimate how nice it is to play action games as an old man, you might not get much natural stimulation of reflexes and muscle memory learning if you don't have a physical job
while if someone tries to get you to play like Civilization it can easily feel like work

FTL

That's a good one.

He used to play chess way back then in school I think, that might work.

We don't know yet, the only vidya he ever touched was Super Mario World and Donkey Kong back when he bought me an Snes. Oh, and I remember him trying Worms Armageddon and liking that. But nothing since those days.
Maybe Skyrim could be fun for him.

60s
I'll install a few different games in one go so he can just jump ship to the next if he doesn't like one.

Star him with any game where the dad dies, then tell him to fucking hurry up. Does your state have inheritance tax?

Hard to go wrong with a good Mario.

My dad also used to play the shit out of Wolfenstein 3D. Also, adventure games.

Attached: lslvga-leftys-password.jpg (640x360, 71.26K)

Maybe some stealth games like Thief? That might be too slow even for him, but I like playing those sorts of games

my old man plays tons of age of empires 2/3, civ 2/4/5, and sid meiers colonization. i made him play rome total war too many years ago but he completed it and went back to aoe

I never really got into adventure games, any specific ones you have in mind? I know that older ones sometimes get you stuck with retarded solutions that barely make sense, are modern titles still that bad?

Slow might just be good for starters, I'll add that.

My uncle used to be into aoe as well, I'll show that to my dad for sure. Civ will be too complicated.

Unironically VR games

Beat em ups
Tmnt 4
The new game maybe
The first 3 SOR
Final fight

I got to try those at a friend's house and it would be a perfect fit, but we don't have a vr set and I don't plan on buying one until a lot more titles release there. Though the fitness games alone are already amazing.

I think he'd be blown away by Portal. And maybe he'd like Metal Gear Solid. And F.E.A.R. or maybe even Dead Space

Attached: 1638126446554.jpg (251x250, 21.89K)

This pic is so kino

Disco Elysium

Attached: Gootecks Elysium.jpg (960x826, 176.07K)

Give him Baba is you

Portal.

>are modern titles still that bad?
Yes, you should stick to Sierra and Lucas Arts classics.