Gaming Gear

Which microphone do you use for gaming Any Forums?
Is there any good budget options that you recommend?
I use this trash that bought form Saturn years ago.

Also general gear thread, I guess.

Attached: trust.jpg (1024x2027, 95.99K)

>needing a mic whilst gaming
name 5 games where this is important

why do you need a microhphone?

I went to a shop and asked for the cheapest table mic they had. I got one for about 15€ and my friends say it's perfectly fine; better than any headset at any rate. Looks a lot like the one in the picture.

I will never buy a headset again.

Defense of the Ancients 2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
Tabletop Simulator
Counter Strike
VR Chat

Attached: 1459289690202.jpg (700x525, 61.17K)

Same. But I hate headsets. I use picrel for everything but the earpad's material melted in 2 years from ear sweat. Still sounds good tho.

Attached: 61pk54NHQwL._AC_SX569_.jpg (531x977, 38.49K)

it's so you can scream nigger and then get banned and come to Any Forums crying that your money was stolen and that the devs are committing white genocide

I have a antilion mod mic that I have glued to my headphones. I use it mostly to talk with my family though as I live far from them and can't visit them irl anymore. I can't remember the last time I actually used it, maybe in RDR2 online a long time ago because for some retarded reason there is no text chat feature and even then a lot of people have voice chat disabled

Attached: 1634129346020.jpg (459x600, 38.59K)

>Sennheiser
Very nice. I use a pair of HD 560S.

Attached: 1498129301565.jpg (1024x576, 63.29K)

I use a Behringer XM8500 condensor mic ($25) with the motu m2 audio interface ($200). (I dont recommend the motu m2 due to shit drivers and usb connection frickleness.)

how are the drivers shit? i have a motu m2 and its literally flawless, i just plugged it in, it downloaded what it needs and it worked

i use this KLIM talk USB microphone. i dont use it a lot but there was at least one time where someone asked me about what mic im using because i have an unusually high audio quality compared to others hes playing with. though i have no frame of reference because i dont know what i sound like at their end after compression and whatnot. listening to simple recordings from audacity, the mic really is pretty good. but then again, its probably the same internal components as your picrel so idk

Attached: file.png (1164x1477, 439.79K)

Audio glitches out frequently and needing power cycle to correct. I ended up having to use voicemeeter + asio driver to get around the issue in windows.
Havent found a solution for linux.

Redpill me on lavalier vs condenser

It works flawlessly now that I use the voicemeeter + asio workaround. But before that, I spent hours and hours trying different USB ports, different computers, different sample rate, and different buffer size. None provided a permanent flawless experience. Lots of other people complain about this online too. Apparently the asio driver might provide better latency and sound quality too, but I'm not positive about that.

I suspect the regular motu m2 driver shits itself when CPU usage spikes and is unable to auto-recover.

One clips on your shirt for when you appear on-camera, the other is a type of mic that ranges from $40 - $50,000 (used telefunken U47)

Blu Snowball. Was like $50 I think. Works perfectly for me.

To communicate with other players especially in team based games where cooperation can help you win. Also for Sea of Thieves, far more people want to help each other and be cooperative than they do want to blow you up and take your shit.
>found some French people last night
>later found some Germans
>went from everyone speaking English to more and more German/French being spoken amongst themselves
>screaming begins
>suddenly they blow each other up while shrieking in European Tongues
>kek

Attached: 1637162225586.jpg (722x814, 65.7K)

I only ever encounter foreigners or kids no matter the game, eventually stopped bothering to even turn my mic on.

FPBP

Voice also makes it easy for people to tell that you’re a tranny, which you are OP

My arctis headset usually but I've used a Yeti X as well.

Wired will always be better than wireless for sure and a dedicated mic better than anything onboard on those headphones.

I have real friends that I play games with.
I'm sorry for you user. Also rent free

That's not even true dude. Are you still one of those nerds who thinks cause you voice a chick you know? I know a guy who's about 300lbs and looks like a redneck chipmunk with his buck ass teeth and he does a perfect female voice that he uses to con and troll people. I mean maybe you'll catch a tranny on voice but seriously you're a fool if you think you can tell if a girl has a dick.

Attached: adult-hot-dog-hat~gc1928.png (1500x1500, 2.05M)

How else would communicate wıth my friends user ?

i use Koss ksc75 as my headphones and before that i used some shure IEMs. problem with all in one headsets imo is that they are always cheap shit aimed at underage gamers or overpriced flashy plastic shit for dumb gamers with a more disposable income

They have that ModMic thing you can attach to any headphones but I've never tried them.

>Which microphone do you use for gaming

Attached: logitech_quick_cam_e2500.jpg (1372x906, 393.77K)

i use exactly this mic, works fine

It's cheap and it works. Could go cheaper, but I record audio every now and then (just to send to my grandma, she likes my guitar playing) and want better than the gas-station mics

Attached: SamsonGoMic.jpg (474x266, 13.81K)