Why did Lawbreakers fail?

Why did Lawbreakers fail?

Attached: cliffy.jpg (1280x720, 118.88K)

Arena shooters is a dead genre.
There are very few people who play the genre (although they're very loud), what few there are are slavishly loyal to their current game and don't even want a new game (ie Quake Live), the market for competitive FPS is massively oversaturated, and the compounding factor that makes all of those problems much worse is that for a multiplayer game you need a "critical mass" of players in order for lobbies to fill quickly or people will just leave, sending the game into a death spiral that can never be escaped.

I didn't expect a sensible answer..

Attached: 1653336959026.jpg (1080x1080, 114.4K)

>Why did Lawbreakers fail?
It didn't, chud.

Attached: chris-wells-maverick-render2-prev.jpg (1646x1646, 704.88K)

because I astral projected into the consciousness of every single person who worked on it and made it bad on purpose

Partly this but Lawbreakers is generally uninspired meme tier shit to pretend otherwise would be to simply dismiss the fact the game was just plain bad even by the standards of an arena, it's an amalgamation of Overwatch and Quake. It didn't feel good to play and felt like they were copying a formula rather than producing a fun game.

Pretty much what said, but I would also like to add that the art direction was a pile of dogshit
Cliffy B is such a visionary that he tried to avoid the clichés of other arena/team-based shooters, but failed to replace them with anything that's even remotely interesting or cool
Same thing applies to the arenas and the weapons, it's just a mesh of vague futuristic bullshit, there is zero imagination or character to it

>It's the dark souls of first person shooters bro!
>Hashtag You're Dead, Bro
Yep, there we go. That's why.

he trash talked his fans (xbox fans) and then said the game wasn't coming to xbox, what kind of retard does that?

Arena shooters are the genre that people LARP as enjoying because it gives them "legit gamer cred".

If it was a Kamiya saying that Any Forums would call it BASED

More like LoanBrokers lol

Lawbreakers wasn't even close to an arena shooter, it was just another shitty class-based team FPS in the wake of Overwatch. And like the others that failed, it didn't even have the sex appeal of Blizzard's title.

I thought it was really fun

Attached: 1627230917242.jpg (1242x1221, 88.68K)

>Advertises it as a Zero-G shooter
>Zero-G area(s) in said Zero-G shooter only
>Zero-G is just slower-than-molasses falling and not actual Zero-G.
His fault. Million Dollar IP isn't a Million Dollar idea because the Million Dollar idea isn't the whole game.

complete saturation

>it's just a mesh of vague futuristic bullshit, there is zero imagination or character to it
I feel this way about so many games now. There's no real cohesion or specific vision. You ask people why the characters are designed the way that they are and the response you get is "because it's cool".

Why?

Attached: 1656718543619.png (1600x2000, 1.79M)

loud vocal minority of alt right incels channeled the hate machine of the internet against it

As an active Quake Live player, I hate how right you are.