I don't get it, am I just supposed to be resetting over and over until the game gives me some decent cards?

I don't get it, am I just supposed to be resetting over and over until the game gives me some decent cards?

Attached: slay the spire.jpg (1600x800, 264.31K)

no, you're supposed to learn the game and get better. If you're playing on the base difficulty, any remotely decent player can beat it with 100% winrate

I beat the game after about 15 minutes. What a rip-off.

literally impossible so no, you didn't

>no, you're supposed to learn the game and get better.
How are you supposed to learn when the cards you get are random?

StS is all about understanding what your deck does well and where it's lacking at all point sin the game. It's also a game that rewards knowledge on the encounters to come. You're expected to avoid elite fights if you know your deck can't defeat them in its current state, and also expects you to prepare for the act's boss as you go through it, that's why it shows you the boss as soon as you enter it.

There are cards that are stronger than others, yes, but the game is much more situational than that. The same card can be absolutely amazing in one run and unpickable in another. You're supposed to learn how to synergize your deck with what you're offered. As your understanding of the game grows your winrate will increase.

You have to learn to get more lucky you idiot

>understanding what your deck does well and where it's lacking
And what if what you're lacking simply doesn't show up because all cards are dice rolls?

Attached: improvise.jpg (800x450, 74.95K)

the amount of choices you make per run is absolutely insane so if you play correctly you can minimize that risk. Besides, that's about as likely to happen as being given such good cards that it's impossible to lose.

A qrd -

You are assigned cards by complete luck. Yes, you can pick from a pool each fight, but the pool is random, so it IS luck. Additionally, the shop you can buy from a select pool of random cards. That word again, random.

You will end up with either a deck which will make you completely op and win easily, or you will be stitched up and lose miserably.

Some people who think they're good at this game become offended if you say it's luck. It fucking is luck. Smile and nod at anyone who argues against that, it is a game of chance. I've maxed this game out, it's fun. Anyone with a brain will tell you it's a fun little game of literal pot luck. And there's nothing wrong with that. They should have called it lottery cards or something.

If the OP cards don't randomly show up, you need to get better at the game. You're obviously shit.

The luck component is present but you absolutely can win on default difficulty even with the most rotten luck. People are offended when you imply like you are doing in this post that luck decides if you win or not.

lmao stop lying. Nobody that has beaten the heart on ascension 20 with all characters thinks the game is luck because it so clearly isn't. You're just a butthurt brainlet and you're full of shit.

they're not. The cards you get are the cards you choose to add to your deck. The vast majority of your card rewards should be the "skip" button.

Ah we have a winner. Someone extremely upset that their game skills have been called into question on this game of chance, I mean, skill! Ah don't worry, you're good at the game user. Calm down. It's nothing to do with the random cards, everyone who completes it is just amazing! That's what you want to hear, right?

Look up the definition of luck and random. You're telling people they don't understand the game, you don't understand those words.

Find a play through of someone beating a20 with shit cards for us, I would love to watch it.

>The vast majority of your card rewards should be the "skip" button.
That's what I'm doing though, I'm just going through as many fights as I can, mashing the 'skip' button until I get the synergies I'm looking for, not getting them, then resetting and trying again.

And even if I DO find the cards I'm looking for, then I have to get lucky all over again to remove all the dogshit cards the game forces you to start with, since removing cards is also entirely RNG based.

I just don't get what I'm meant to be doing, am I meant to be looking up guides for this stuff?

If you're trying to beat elites with 5 strikes and 5 blocks, you will lose. You need to ignore what they fucking tell you on here, skipping cards will only help if you have OP ones in the fucking first place. It's. Fucking. Luck.

You're playing it wrong then. You shouldn't skip until you find the synergies that you want, you have to work with what's given to you while preparing for what lies ahead. If you get stubborn you're going to die.

If you want to play a shiv deck but you get offered poison cards and a catalyst, then you either pivot or die, either way you're not playing a shiv deck.

keep seething dude. You said you maxed out the game, post proof. We both know it's bullshit.

secondly, top players have gone on rotating winstreaks of 14 wins on ascension 20, so just go watch those? There's plenty of runs where they win with absolutely mediocre decks that a regular player could never win with.

>until I get the synergies I'm looking for
that's not how it works. If you try to start a run looking for specific cards you're obviously going to lose. You have to adapt to every situation and not try to build the same deck every time because you obviously won't be able to. It's all about making the best decisions with what you're given, not looking for specific things and complaining when you don't find them.

>mashing the 'skip' button until I get the synergies I'm looking for, not getting them
then get cards that combo and synergize with what you have
and get rid of your base cards dammit

>If you want to play a shiv deck but you get offered poison cards and a catalyst, then you either pivot or die, either way you're not playing a shiv deck.
And when you get offered a couple poison cards and a couple shiv cards and are left with a deck that does neither well enough to win?

>until I get the synergies I'm looking for
Don't do that, pick what you makes your deck better at dealing with what you're about to face, especially if you're not aiming for the long term goal of killing the heart.
>If you're trying to beat elites with 5 strikes and 5 blocks
This guy is silly but at least he's right in that, you'll often want to grab a few cards that won't be very useful by the end of your run but that will help you a lot at the start simply by the virtue of dealing more damage than your strikes.

why does every zoomer make a thread here crying about this crying game every day of the week. are you fucks actually that dumb? just read the card texts retards.

I've played it for 300 hours might just reinstall it once again after reading all this

>game is on sale
>large amount of new players
>game is incredibly dense
>large amounts of people asking how to play
not hard to understand user

if you anything you should be trying to remove cards like strike from your deck to increase your odds of drawing OP shit.

but then those fucking junk card spammer elites will destroy you

anyone who is struggling on the base difficulty, start a run with any character and give me the seed. I'll beat it in 20 minutes and post proof.

If your problem is that you're critically lacking in damage then you pick the path that will offer you the most chances at seeing cards, the game isn't that rigid in the ways you can make up for one of your deck's deficiencies. If you're a beginner you should fear bad decisions way more than hypothetical bad RNG.

The game has a component of luck, in the sense that some runs are basically autowin (Dead Branch Corruption) and sometimes you just get fucked. But so does any cardgame or roguelite.

But if you haven't beaten the game even once you just suck and some people beat it 100% of the times on Ascension zero and you're saying the game is all luck, you're a coping brainlet.

Most Silent decks are a mixture of attacks and poison actually. Shiv cards scale really poorly (at least before the buffed the shit out of them) and poison cards ramp slowly. Act 1 usually it's not really about synergies anyways, you get some strong attacks to deal with elites then eventually you get a good card/relic and start building around it.

Sometimes you might have to rest or avoid elites, you don't just die most of the times like people here suggest.

Attached: 25674346_1524604347646675_1850779833_n.jpg (268x265, 21.74K)

how many hours do you folx have on this game? I have around 350, this game is both frustrating and addictive so I deleted it

It's a cringe tranny reddit meta slave game. Ultimately, you don't really have options. The game is terrible and if you spent money on this, I'm sorry.
>you are le bad
finished A20, the game never got good. Not playing this trash anymore.

No user, haven't you read the thread? The wizards in here can beat it with the start deck in under 20 mins, get fucking good.