Why do people like binding of isaac?

I bought it due to the fact that it's one of the most popular games ever talked about and it was one sale.
I played for 2 hours and I simply don't get it. It feels like an indie game made in a day in flash. It's not a horrible game, but I don't get why it's an internet phenomenon

Why? What am I missing?

Attached: communityIcon_1ravmdbxcrm51.png (256x256, 33.48K)

it's the original hades
except that it has shitloads of gameplay content and is lacking on other stuff
where hades is lacking on everything but voice acting

mfw an indie doesn't win GOTY

Why didn't you like hades?

It's fun

>I played for 2 hours and I simply don't get it.
It's a game that gets better over time because you unlock more and more items which lead to more and more synergies in addition to a bunch of new characters, maps, and enemies. Until you've beaten Cathedral/Sheol the game effectively hasn't even started. It's also a game that smashes you with dopamine due to the achievements giving you stuff making you want to go for them.

That's not even talking about the various mods that make the game even more fun and entire expansion packs like Job and Cadaver.

Attached: Cadaver.png (600x600, 250.55K)

The controls were really really bad. That's what put me off. Did nobody play Robotron or Smash TV? the games that Isacc is based on - they had really responsive controls.
The voice acting is atrocious in hades. All that forced joss-whedon tier dialogue, and everyone speaks in a different wacky accent. God...

It's popular.

your talking about the sequels not the og game.

>gets better over time
Copout. All roguelikes are like this - devs couldnt be fucked designing actual levels and balancing the game appropriately. As well as planning out upgrades where you need them. So they just make it all randomly generated and make the player essentially grind over and over til they unlock enough shit to not die.
It's the laziest trend in the industry (so far)

>It feels like an indie game made in a day in flash.
Yes

Its the original roguelike and people play it to 'assemble' crazy builds / synergies. Mechanically it's pretty average and depending on items it starts terribly slow

Who in the world is talking about the OG game and not Rebirth? Even if we're talking about the OG game virtually everything there applies outside of mods.

judging by your comment and the pic you chose, i'm going to assume you bought the actual original flash version and not the remake.
which is way too outdated and has been surpassed by the remake in every way (except in the soul department)

I bought the one on steam with the highest reviews. Rebirth.

This is the longest I've gone without encountering a boss room in The Void

Attached: 20220704235235_1.jpg (2560x1440, 416.33K)

Are you talking about the original isaac? If yes, of course it feels like a flash game, because it was. It was a flash game before it got ported to steam 11 years ago. Its outdated but was one of the first of its kind and inspired all the other rogue likes that came after it. If you're talking about rebirth then i cant agree with you because it feels pretty polished and the tons of synergies and thought that went into it prove that it wasnt just made in an hour but actually has a team behind it.

What game are you playing?

>Copout
It's true, though. It's a successful formula, and Isaac is good at it + it has an unique visual style.

Where the fuck are your boss rooms at bro

This is what the floor looked like in the end

Attached: 20220704235815_1.jpg (2560x1440, 457.51K)

kek, it's obvious that you're seething because you can't be a bitchboi and look up muh meta strats, optimal build or whatever the fuck to stomp the game with
in isaac you can win in virtually every run, provided that the player is skilled enough not to get hit and milk every room to get every possible advantage. it's about knowing and adapting, rather than allocating the right stats and grinding for le uber rare drops

You'll understand after you put about 200 hours into it. No I'm not joking.

Nta but I liked Hades. It's undeniably pozzed as fuck, though.

>I played for 2 hours and I simply don't get it.
It's not a game you play for two hours and get, there's a ton of progressive content unlocks, even for the original flash version.

Attached: 1636848962429.png (184x213, 37.01K)

i have put over 2000 hours into isaac and all the expansions since Playstation gave Rebirth out for free in 2014. Repentance took over my life last year and basically pushed all other games to the wayside until i got 100%. you'll get it eventually

>Who in the world is talking about the OG game and not Rebirth
he posted a pic of og game, why would anyone buy rebirth if they didnt play og? its logical to buy the first game in the series first

Rebirth is a remake, there is no point in playing OG isaac anymore unless you want to for some reason. I would always recommend playing rebirth since OG is pretty outdated.

Not in the case of Isaac, the "sequel" is just the original game but better.