Monster Hunter Sunbreak

Are you utilizing Skill Swap effectively yet, Any Forums?

Attached: 1656637140083.jpg (919x1300, 856.94K)

>skill swap
No because I don't need to use shit skills. If it's not meta I'm not touching jt

The drill and jump are the only dual blades skills worth using, no reason to swap ever, maybe if iron triggered polish, but it doesn't, so the dodge is just plain better

No, SnS got fucked in terms of switch skills.

I use it in SnS to swap to drill slash + falling shadow + windmill if I need to cut a tail that's barely vulnerable
also feed him

Attached: hoot.jpg (737x738, 168.56K)

All I need is ammo.

>Are you utilizing Skill Swap effectively yet, Any Forums?
>SnS
No, no need.
>LS
Kind of.

I've been trying to make a courage hammer/dereliction build, but it's finnicky.

Not really, Lance and SnS didn't get much other than QoL
The charge is really nice though, I still use the jumping one if I'm trying to go for tall tails and mounting. Oil is boring, and the new attack is just better than the old one

There is a skill that increases your damage the longer you stay in red scroll and it resets when you swap to blue scroll. Why even use the skill swap at all?

skill swap to use buff ability like destroyer oil

skill swap back
simple as

Attached: 1646881070666.png (370x500, 162.12K)

Why do people say that the long sword is such an easy weapon it deserves the title "babby's first weapon"? I tried it and I find it harder than SnS, Dualblades and Kinsect blade, maybe even Switchaxe desu. Maybe it's because it requires a proactive playstyle which I suck at, I can't counter for shit, while I'm more comfortable with a reactive playstyle.

The guard point for the charge comes out too late and SnS doesn't really need a charge type move when you have the fastest sheath in the game. I wish it was another counter move like Shoryugeki but not as powerful for 1 wirebug. The dual slash is useless since you're not supposed to use that chain in the first place.

You're playing the nerfed version. It was baby mode in base Rise

What changed? Isn't it the same weapon if you don't use the switch skills Sunbreak gave you?

I use it here and there for CB. Being able to use charged sword and axe is nice.

post >yfw

Attached: FW9II19UcAA_okn.jpg (1280x720, 141.99K)

When do I get the next set of switch skills? I just got to MR4.

Attached: 1656574895440.gif (194x269, 498.45K)

Raw or Elemental SnS in SB?

Right before Astalos

LS has never been the easiest weapon to pick up and play. LS was note worthy in Rise (and to a lesser extent base World) for being easy to play if you wanted to shit out absurd amounts of damage, in that other weapons had to work much harder to get close to it's damage. That's not true for Sunbreak anymore, since it's damage is pretty mediocre atm, and getting more out of it's damage requires more skill than before.

Elemental.

Kino. She deserved it for actually being more competent than most people you meet online.

Did Dual Blades get anything cool with Sunbreak?

The followers seem really competent in their behavior, but I swear they have massively nerfed damage overall, it never feels like they're doing anything unless they get a monster to ride

When does the game get fun?

it's not called "babby's first weapon" just because it's easy, it's called that because 80% of new monster hunter players gravitate towards the big anime katana for obvious reasons.
it's actually kind of obtuse in modern games. i have 7 friends who started playing monster hunter with either world or rise. 5 of them started with longsword, and all of them dropped it in low rank.

How the fuck do I use Gunlance.
I've only ever used regular lance, and my entire sense and playstyle is fucked up because I can get hit over and over.
I can't do shit as gunlance. I can't even get a hit in really, or any combo. How do I use this?

After 3 more TUs

Just me who do almost all my hunts for available monsters with followers? It makes the game really easy, but it's so much fun hunting with your AI bros.

>Why do people say that the long sword is such an easy weapon it deserves the title "babby's first weapon"?
Cause
1. it has so many "free" counters. I think foresight slash and iai slash can be spammed as long as you have a tiny bit of meter, both also raises the LS meter color

SnS has a counter with a long cooldown and easy to mess up
DB has various counters but they don't do as much damage or raise its meter
Glaive's counter just puts you in the air

2. Damage potential is too high, speedrunners just alternate between iai spirit slash and helm breaker and get better times than any other non-ranged weapon

Please tell me I'm not the only retard screaming "Royal guard" whenever I use strongarm

Define effectively, most of the silk skills I've seen have only one actually good skill per category

Now

Today, I finally remembered that the Sword and Shield actually has a shield, which you can use to block attacks and not just bash heads with. Tried consciously using it in my hunts today to block attacks instead of dodging and it actually felt nice. Not that I plan to block all the time, but it seems like a pretty good emergency guard.

Attached: 1648501520710.jpg (2300x3524, 2.12M)