Can standard gamepad design be improved?

Can standard gamepad design be improved?

Attached: dualshock 6.jpg (627x461, 64.16K)

yeah add more buttons

Yes. By removing the D pad.

I wish MS had added motion and tilt sensors to the Xbox One controller, for parity with what the DualShock 4 can do.
If all the consoles had those motion sensors as a standard thing, then 3rd party games would make more use of them, in non-gimmicky ways

Explain this one. D-pad is the best way to navigate menus, and in gameplay it acts as 4 more buttons to switch weapons or whatever you want. Why would removing it be good?

I honestly think gyroscope aiming is the best way to do it.

yes... by going back to the dualshock 3 design and fixing the triggers

That, or for things like Half-Life or Elder Scrolls, first person games that let you pick up and manipulate physics objects, the motion sensor could allow you to precisely move and rotate the thing you're holding. Like how VR games do it

What's the point of having it so each thumb has to operate a stick AND four buttons? You can only use one at a time. And the ring finger and pinkie just grip the controller and don't contribute?
Keyboard+gamer mouse allows 100% of your digits the opportunity to participate without necessarily needing them to fulfill duplicate roles. Consoles should aim to achieve the same outcome

retarded shit I mocked up in 5 minutes.

Attached: controller.png (1600x1200, 168.16K)

What's the benefit of the Gamecube X and Y buttons being shaped like that??

>What's the point of having it so each thumb has to operate a stick AND four buttons? You can only use one at a time
You can switch between them very quickly on the fly.
>And the ring finger and pinkie just grip the controller and don't contribute?
More controllers are starting to add back buttons that you can press with those fingers.

The best recent addition to a controller is probably the dual trackpads on the Steamdeck.

Every gamepad should have rear paddles, which are not only mappable to replicate other buttons, but can be their own. Also, clickable touchpad like DS4 is good. Maybe throw on a fifth face button in the top right corner to bring the number of clickable inputs to a nice round 20.

The best controller already exist

Attached: 610e2m0wdyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x844, 101.74K)

Imagine playing a racing or flight sim game with mouse and keyboard lmao

Call me when they add a joystick to a keyboard.

>no analog
shit for platformers and racing games

>asymmetrical sticks
fucking disgusting

>3D movement on keyboard
No.

Put the left stick in the correct location

In the standard position you can't combo press buttons that are across from each other