OMORI

I just finished the game, not really outstanding but it was a nice experience

Attached: 25336E24-B322-420A-AE31-22280C89125A.jpg (1600x800, 159.58K)

Respectable. Out of curiosity, which parts would you say were the strongest and weakest about the game?

>strongest
Probably the parts with horror elements, and the last hours where you discover the secret behind Mari's death
>weakest
Literally the rest of the game, especially the parts where there's tons of dialogue. Still, the battles were enjoyable

I want to like the game, but at the same time almost half the content in the second half of the game feels unnecessary and is a detriment to the pacing of the story. I found it easy to distinguish what parts were important for the story and which parts felt like they were fulfilling parts of the Kickstarter quota, which is quite disappointing for what I thought was a good story.

Attached: 1632943442249.jpg (1024x790, 58.68K)

I only felt like it was dragging out when I reached the whale, many sections around there were too long

wow you have it completely backwards, way to go idiot. the twist was pants on head retarded

If this post is a 5 I'm getting Omori over MCC

basically my experience. Most of the dream stuff felt like a waste of time but it inevitably boiled down to "pretty solid", I appreciate it for what it is

that being said what kind of fucking loser lets this sort of game change their fucking lives like people are really serious about this stuff

Yeah, that's fair. Basic gist I get is that you didn't like the dialogue and exploration, which is fair. Former absolutely isn't for everyone even if I personally really enjoyed it, and the latter mostly ranges from nothing special to tedious.

My favorite part of the game was definitely the overall presentation. I went into the game knowing almost nothing and was genuinely shocked how well that part of the game was handled. Agree on the horror segments and battles being good as well. I loved when you finally entered Black Space. The clear Yume Nikki inspiration there was great and I loved how the game didn't shy from its darker elements. It was also satisfying seeing Sunny finally start breaking through the illusion of Headspace. I even called Omori being the final boss, but was still very impressed by the execution of it.

I'd actually say Humphrey and Deeper Well were great. It was definitely the whole part of that chapter beforehand that felt like clear filler. Even worse in Sweetheart's Castle, which had the middle section needlessly distract you with minigames even if parts of them were at least charming.

Ironically, nearly all of Faraway Town was filler, yet I enjoyed the vast majority of it going out of my way to do basically everything. Maybe it was just from those being a lot shorter on the whole and ending right before they would outstay their welcomes.

Humphrey felt kind of meta. He served no purpose to the larger narrative, but the schtick of the slime sisters was "making random shit to see what sticks." Felt like both a metaphor for Omori distracting Sunny from his journey and the game padding itself out.

Tranny game

Eh, I don't mind it since what I liked from it was the atmosphere and it was very thematic. Still how do you make someone falling from the stairs seem like it was a suicide? (not like I care)
>that being said what kind of fucking loser lets this sort of game change their fucking lives like people are really serious about this stuff
I don't know, I played it in the first place because it was hyped a lot by the fanbase but it felt short honestly
Glad you enjoyed it, personally most of the game felt like filler but it was okay
Humphrey got boring fast because exploring the map felt like a chore, the rest of the zones were fine

By the way, is there any replayability after clearing the game? There were some secondaries and a whole zone I left untouched

Hug?

Attached: 7821c44c77aee6af.png (1496x1386, 379.16K)

The symbolism around the Something was the best part of the game, narratively-wise

Theres another route
That takes place entirely on headspace
With new bosses and shit
But the downside is that it takes place in headspace

>Spoiler
This is from my own interpretation, but I assume that it was Sunny's mom and dad picking up the slack to cover Mari's actual death. It could've been as a way for themselves to deny the truth or to protect Sunny, as the mom didn't want to lose Sunny. That also explains why no cops or doctors were involved, as the family would likely not want to pursue Mari's "suicide." And, it further explains the family fractured state in the present with Sunny's mom being absent and Sunny's dad being non-existent.

Of course big sis!
The whole ending was good narrative-wise
Do I have to start the game again?
Makes sense

If you have a save before opening the door for Kel then you can initiate the other route. Just refuse and go back to sleep.

Sweetheart’s Castle was the one place I remember getting a bit exasperated with when the exploration sections just kept going. That’s before running into 40 minutes of bear fights… at least Sweetheart herself was a neat boss.

She's the best boss with the best theme. At least in the true route.

Definitely. If considering bosses on the not-true route, Space Ex-Husband might be better for doing something deeper than usual with the emotion mechanic.

I feel like that’s definitely supported by the dialogue in blackspace, with Sunny’s mom talking about how she’s going to protect him and his dad telling him he has no son

There's also the matter that the truth is never a matter when it comes to Sunny's mother. I know she wasn't the focus, but you'd really think it would be acknowledged in SOME fashion if she didn't know.

>Do I have to start the game again?
It's right after the prologue if you have a save at the end of or right after that. You just don't answer the door for Kel. It does unfortunately mean you have to replay much of Headspace, and while you could rush through it part of the appeal is being able to fill out the Bestiary. You do get more Black Space content and learn more about Headspace, but otherwise it's mainly more gameplay content for that part of the game. You can't even get a true new ending, although one of them can go differently on this route. Other than the influx of filler at parts, I'd absolutely say this is the biggest fault of Omori. I get what Omocat was going for with it, but locking content without enough payoff is kind of a problem.

The 40 hours of dragging gameplay is fucking atrocious, and the Hikki route isn't worth it considering how quickly the gameplay gets old. But dammit the ending makes my heart ache even if I was spoiled

Attached: Mari.(Omori).full.3610283.jpg (1500x1254, 173.49K)