Why do people still leave negative Steam reviews on older games just because they don't work out of the box...

Why do people still leave negative Steam reviews on older games just because they don't work out of the box? Then they'll go and say something like "well I guess I'll never get to enjoy this classic"

Attached: thief.jpg (803x1024, 155.46K)

normies don't like fixing shit because they're dumb and lazy.
I can sort of understand why, but with thief in particular, there's some much documentation of its fan patches and they're so easy to install that anyone shouldn't have an issue.
There's plenty of games out there that require some real cryptic bullshit to get running or fix some inexplicable bug.

Why would it not work? Aren't the steam ports made for modern hardware?

Zoomers are too retarded to learn how to use a PC. They also dont know what PCGamingwiki is.

Attached: 0066414_hitman-2-silent-assassin.jpg (1920x1200, 158.96K)

median, not average

I'm talking about older games in general, but no you still need Tfix to get Thief running on Steam

most people are retards who don't even understand the purpose of reviews. they just think reviews are meant to be offhand remarks on their own mental states at that specific moment instead of earnest assessments of the actual subject matter. it is pure reaction on their part with no higher thought involved.

It's always games that require a super simple patch or a few dll files that need to be put in the game folder. I just don't get the issue it's so god damn easy to fix most games

>steam ports
>steam
>ports
You retarded or what?

kinda stunned me how much my gen is regressing actually
im a 2001 zoomer so i at least had a fair amount of experience with PCs when i was younger, also helped we had a pretty bad one at the time so i kinda taught myself how to patch things and whatnot
the younger end of my generation/the alpha kids seem just borderline retarded though
replacing a dll or what have you is toddler shit, how does it not click you retards

>PCGamingwiki
Literally all anyone needs

I mostly only play older games so running fixes and all that stuff is second nature at this point.
Feels weird when I play more recent shit and haven't actually needed to tweak anything.

Attached: 1578196283872.gif (234x249, 269.07K)

Dude, most people under 30 today literally don't know where files are saved on their PC.

>ports
retard

born in 99 and have been modding games since I was 11 years old (minecraft)
it's kinda impressive how you can be retarded and not know how to use a computer these days despite growing up with it
my guess is phones fucked their brains

they don't even know how to torrent these days it seems
I somehow managed to torrent cod 2, christmas day 2010, at the tender young age of 9

You know what I mean, you fuckers.

A lot of those people come from console gaming, so they get confused/frustrated when playing an older title on modern OS requires more "work" than just pressing play. Although most of the time the only work required involves dragging and dropping files into a directory, but you'd be surprised how many people don't even understand what a directory is in the first place.
It's why so many of them just end up watching retrospective videos on these games instead, since they're basically just summarized playthroughs.

tl;dr they're stupid

Attached: 1652552806381.png (413x374, 198.77K)

Plenty of games still come out with chromatic abberation, motion blur, and the most gravest of sins : mouse acceleration.

Filter reviews by 2 hours or greater playtime to filter the retards out complaining about easily fixable tech issues.

true, i turn all that off
just talking about the case of compatibility, all that jazz
all that shit is fucking horrible though
TAA was a blight on modern gaming

it's the fault of Windows basically making backwards compatibility a minefield for old games, though Valve/Steam is fixing this by moving to Linux and using Proton as a compatibility layer instead of whatever Windows uses to run legacy Windows software. Linux unironically makes old Windows games just werk, while Windows users need to tinker