How would you improve fighting games?

How would you improve fighting games?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 106.67K)

Make them first person

stop making them

1. Great netcode
2. Buff instead of nerf
3. Make the games more interesting instead of restricting or dumbing down
4. Accessible but keep high skill ceiling
5. Have well-designed charismatic characters that appeal to a mainstream audience.

That's my favorite genre. You can't stop making it.

>buff instead of nerf
That's how you get kusoge

>2.
I used to think like this until I realized powercreep would occur then the games would end up like Yugioh and other p2w card scams

I would explicitly make a fighting game with an obtuse array of system mechanics and all the optimal stuff would have difficult execution, specials and supers would have motions beyond quarter circles and there would be no easy input versions.

The fighting game wouldn't be very popular but it would be a good fighting game and would hopefully filter all Strivebabs etc, leaving a dedicated core community.

stop catering to people who don't care about them
and if you want new blood so badly, do it in a way that wouldn't affect your og playerbase, like actually making a good tutorial that holds newbie hand and slowly teaches them everything instead of just giving easier inputs and retard proof normals

If you don't like kusoge you unironically don't like fighting games because you've not been playing them before 2016

>Better tutorialization to teach people the flow and mindset of playing fighting games
>Vital information (framedata, hitboxes, etc. etc.) available in an in-game encyclopedia

Attached: 1457630203804.jpg (823x1200, 305.26K)

When designing characters throw stuff at the wall with the first concern being "is this fun?" and then look back and decide what kind of archetype you want the character to fit into.

Add RPG elements to a single player mode to make it enjoyable for anyone, walls can be overcome by either skill or grinding.

Add more ways to play with your friends cooperatively. 2v2 scramble battles/3v3 scramble or tag battles/tournament team modes

incredible netcode

Not consult pros or producers and let game designers make games they enjoy playing

Can't improve on perfection. There's so many different fighting games with different characters and mechanics that if you can't even find a single one that you like that's basically a (You) problem.

Attached: 1626895044319.png (1068x601, 305.81K)

>pecials and supers would have motions beyond quarter circles
Go back to basics and make every directional input frame perfect like in SF1 too

power creep is inevitable so equalize it in design and it won't become an issue with buffs favoring certain mix footsies types

>mix footsies types
Any translators?

I know you're being a disingenuous shitter but there's nothing wrong with some just frame stuff in a game, it should just be for very advanced combos and tech and not basic shit. Basic shit should be easy, hard stuff should be hard. A lot of modern fighting games allow any chimp to autopilot into optimal conversions without actually reacting or practicing it much at all

That doesnt mean my favorite fighting game cant be improved. Its netcode is pretty trash and id dig more online lobby functionality. Id want them to take another stab at fleshing out Heroes and Heralds as well

Add tasty desings and you are 100% right

Attached: LB1yc0U.jpg (844x1200, 874.02K)

>A lot of modern fighting games allow any chimp to autopilot into optimal conversions without actually reacting or practicing it much at all
I don't see why that's a good thing and this is coming from someone who often plays very difficult, technical characters.

Attached: Eliz.gif (206x401, 44.29K)

incorporate machine learning into the CPU, save the data from top level players' online matches and feed it into the program until the CPU can effectively mimic the playstyle of said top players. pic unrelated.

Attached: slayer.png (505x411, 460.93K)

>buff instead of nerf
scrub caveman screeching, just ends with powercreep.

Because it homogenizes matches, decreases the skill gap, asks for less investment and removes the element of risk/reward when players choose what combo or conversion to go for on the fly

I assume you mean Android 21? I still don't understand what the term is even referring to about her

>improve
Better netcode, thats all you need.
Stop the "accessible bullshit" learn or get beated hard

what's your opinion of how it was balanced in sf4.

Characters with strong mix who have a great button/s to avoid footsies shes just an example

I accept your concession faggot

some accessibility is good, the dp shortcut being adopted, moving away from piano inputs.

>no more female characters
>no other changes, genre is perfectly fine otherwise

Attached: IMG_20220420_193635.jpg (3264x2448, 1.2M)

You could combat homogenization and maintain a skill gap by giving characters a wide range of tools and multiple potential game plans so bad players will die due to making poor decisions rather than dropping a combo once every 20 attempts

I think SF4 outright requiring some characters to learn 1f links as part of their BNBs, with some characters having multiple 1f links spread throughout their optimal combos, was pretty whack but I also respect the game's scale of difficulty from its easiest to its most difficult combos/conversions and felt that it lended itself to much match variety as a result when even pros had to choose to play it safe or risk going for something that wouldn't land with 100% certainty. Even then they had to practice it quite a bit which is what separated their ability from intermediate players in a lot of cases and there's nothing wrong with that. The players who want to put the time in + have the reaction to confirm + want to take the risk should be rewarded when these aspects align.