Fallout

How do you improve 3's story? Bonus points for keeping the father-child dynamic and the allusions to the plots of the original games.

Attached: FO.png (704x680, 140.5K)

the "allusions" to the plots of the original games are one of the key reasons that 3 has a terrible story.

Attached: goodquestion.gif (498x280, 2.01M)

The strongest suit of fallout 3 was the actually dense postapocalyptic landscape. So the best story would be about survival in the landscape that doesn't involve family drama shit.

This. Beth bothered too much about the game being accepted as part of the franchise and tried to cram in as many references and "allusions". I would say they should have go along with an original plot, but seeing that Beth's lore and stories stray so far from the originals, it might be best that they chose to just regurgitate previous plots for 3. Jumping from the mad max califronia wasteland into bladerunner new england might have been too much of a tonal shift.

Make the Pitt the main location expanding the area into capital wasteland size and expand its story into a larger one. The themes of cleaning the radiation are much more prevalent when the fight is over the literal cure for radiation. There are illusions to old factions without them being directly involved with one of the major players being a former brotherhood member, and it has a lot more room for the player to consider what the right move is instead of the choice being "save everyone or "kill everyone".

Make the BoS and Enclave more morally ambiguous like NV factions (including a non-meme Enclave ending)

I am still surprised that Bethesda had the gull to make the slavers a better option for the Pitt. Doesn't seem like something they could do today.

>including a non-meme Enclave ending
I find it odd that fallout 1 has an unironic super mutant ending but 2 didn't have that for the Enclave.

>had the gull

Attached: gull.jpg (1200x1200, 102.83K)

Add in an option to kill Dad and his helpers and join the Enclave.

Because Tim Cain is an anti-government schizo, who legitimately considers Eisenhower and Kennedy/Johnson admins to be Enclave levels of malicious

>who legitimately considers Eisenhower and Kennedy/Johnson admins to be Enclave levels of malicious
Makes me wonder how he feels about the last 4 administrations.

Cut the brotherhood out of the game entirely, have the vault overseer not be an actual cartoon psychopath, focus more on the logistics of getting running water supply working other than fixing one (1) mcguffin, have the enclave behave more like their endgame is something greater than killing litterally everything that isn't the enclave, give the player control of megaton/ten penny after several hours of proving to be a resourceful individual so as to employ the residents ans the slaves from the pitt to build a water channel, have the supermutants actually be able to be exterminated permanently to fascilitate this, have talon company be able to be exterminated, have who ever hired them crusified, remove liberty prime and replace it with a believeable fiction accurate tank, remove father replace him with my wife moira

Judging from Outer Worlds, he just considers them comically stupid. Still evil, but so incompetent they can't even do their evil deeds properly. Back then you had Mk Ultra and today you have what? Drag queen reading hour? Woke culture?

Set it 10 or so years after the nukes. Little lamplight and so much other shit now makes actual sense. The bos and enclave can still be around as military remnants.

For starters, make the clean water plotline actually relevant throughout the entire setting, instead of just being relegated to a few beggar NPCs.

>Back then you had Mk Ultra and today you have what? Drag queen reading hour? Woke culture?
Fall of the USSR really fucked the glowies. Now they have to justify their existence and the government doesn't know what to do with itself.

What a retar...
>my wife moira
Ah, I see my first impressions were wrong. You are a man of taste after all.

I like Fallout 3 the way it is. It could be stronger, with more Enclave stuff near the end, like being free to roam around in their base longer. Talk to more people. Learn the dynamics between Autumn and Eden. Mak it clear that Autumn is basically a prisoner to Eden and this iteration of the Enclave isn't so silly as to want to want global genocide again, that it was only Eden's wish to do that shit again.

That way you get like four extra ending and a whole region of the map your can explore, like how you could do to Arizona in New Vegas and see how the civilians in the Legion territor...

>How do you improve 3's story?
Remove it. After you exit the vault you find your father's corpse and that's the main quest done.

Fuck morally ambiguous factions, give me factions i can actually like and dislike and at the same time another person have opposite opinion
There's a reason people still today actively argue over stormcloack Vs empire and every discussion over nv factions is just retards repeating lines from the game
Want to improve 3?
Start with the micro-factions
Talon company. The mapper mercenaries. Paradise falls slavers. Renegades should have much more prominence especially when dealing with Lyon's brotherhood
They shouldn't be bigger or anything, just have more quest of any that include them in some way that isn't shooting everything that moves. A good thing 3 had were random events, have them infighting sometimes