World marked the death of monster hunter

>world marked the death of monster hunter
>old monster hunter was better
>i like shitty games

why are monster hunter fans so mad that their series is good now?

Attached: motherfucker.jpg (1280x720, 106.67K)

Freedom unite is great, fuck you

MH "fans" are the ultimate consoomers. Despite having like 5-6 games with hundreds of hours of content each they still need mooooore and will cry with each new game after world.

i too love generally tedious and unfun gameplay in my video games

Picked up GU again couple days ago. It was totally soloable till i reached g2. I have to farm narga for my weapon's upgrade and no matter how well i do. The fucker completely destroy my ass once hes enraged. I refuse to get filtered at this point

Attached: 1579828078556.jpg (1153x807, 132.96K)

Monster Hunter threads are just thinly veiled console war threads where nobody actually cares about the quality of the game any more, just what console its on.

I'd like to step in and remind everyone that Any Forums was fucking filtered by Freedom Unite, and it was only by the casualised World that Monster Hunter was widely-loved here.

Attached: mhfu.png (500x1157, 299.87K)

>world
>good
Funny

>posting the edit
Where’s the real one

Id like to remind FUfags that mhp3rd is the superior game. Shame it had no g rank

cope mhwtranny

I'd like to remind FUfags that F2 is the superior game. Thank god it had no G-Rank.

Attached: .png (598x371, 44.68K)

Easily the most fun the series has been since sunbreak

Attached: gen 5 BAD.png (598x679, 75.29K)

Which monster is he talking about? malzeno? He was really easy.

Based
The soundtrack was SO much better in Freedom 2

We get it, SB is great, no need to post more Shittubers to prove your point user...

A fucking shame since they used to be some of the comfiest threads on Any Forums

Attached: 1557565572531.jpg (722x713, 81.79K)

My friend told me about this crazy action RPG where you fight giant dinosaurs in 6th grade. At a friend's 12th birthday party, he got the game for him. I felt like I had to get it too. I got it and felt really happy when I was able to beat Yian Kutku. I played the shit out of the game for a year, even went out and got the hookup to play online on my PS2.

Then my PS2 got the disc read error and I never owned a console that had a Monster Hunter game on it until World came out. So even though I followed the series and knew about each new entry I have only played the original Monster Hunter and World/IB + Rise/SB. I can't speak to any of the games in between, but one thing I can say for sure: Monster Hunter for the PS2 is an absolute piece of fucking hot trash compared to either World or Rise. The reason anyone whines about this shit is because they are depressed losers. If they loved these games so much they would go and play them and just shut the fuck up.

>things in SB isn't perfect
>"ahah world won baby"
>thing in SB is nearly perfect
>"ahaha SB won baby"
It's tiresome, from both sides

God I wish I had picked up MH for my NDSs back then So I could be one of the cool Kids today instead of being a World and rise casual Baby.

>not posting the superior version

Attached: mexican tigrex.jpg (486x1103, 176.69K)

People have become addicted to the dopamine hit of upvotes/likes/whatever that virtually all social media sites have. Since Any Forums doesn't have that, the only metric that shows your post was "quality" is that you got replies. As a result everyone just falls into "U MAD LOL" because until you develop borderline personality disorder (takes years) that shit is unbelievably infuriating and basically guaranteed to get replies

very simple. the old games appealed to a certain niche that most people got filtered by. world stripped it of everything that made it appealing to that old core audience to pander to a newer bigger audience. now you have a game that you can consider objectively good but its not what made the original core audience fall in love with the series anymore. if i want to play monster hunter, real monster hunter, ill play anything before world. if i want to play nu-monster hunter i play world and rise and anything thatll follow. they may be good games, but they arent monster hunter games anymore

Take it easy, man.

what's funny about this is even frontier wasn't as counter-based as sunbreak is
it was all about evasion to the point that extreme styles gave you a dash with every weapon drawn
most frontier monsters are pretty retarded with a few exceptions
I'd like the funny magnet monkeys who did wrestling moves on each other to come back

How were le old MH games really different?

>meet monster
>die a lot
>learn monster patterns and positioning
>win

>most of the complexity comes from having different weapons with their own mechanics and moves

That’s every Monster Hunter game from MH1 to Rise Sunbreak.

They liked it better when it was shit.

>world stripped it of everything that made it appealing to that old core audience to pander to a newer bigger audience
To be fair, the only fault of world is (shared with GU, somehow) that the change was too big and too fast
Because no, MH3 is not FU and MH4 is NOT MH4

The one getting hit more by the gap are totally the one that started with FU.
I started with 3rd gen and I still like Rise enough (but 4U won't be beaten so easily on my side)

I think the difference is in the small details, for example taking a different weapon to match a monster was a good strategy while now it's better to just get better at one that will work for every monster

Also
>die a lot
you don't die a lot in modern MH, being bad still get punished, but usually only by the quest taking a fuckton of time

If you think it started with World, you must not have played literally any Monster Hunter since they started adding styles to the game.

Don't forget
>LOL World is for casuals
>Rise takes everything World did and doubles up
>RISE IS CLASSIC MH BABY

I started with World, and Rise was my second game. But I went back and played both Freedom and Freedom Unite, and while the original Freedom was a chore, Freedom Unite was still a lot of fun. I look forward to going through the rest of the series over the next several months.

The only thing you could possibly say is there is less of a "fantasy" of being a monster hunter in the Monster Hunter games now. Which means the old fans he is referring to wanted Monster Hunter to be a simulation series rather than action RPGs. Since Japs are awful at putting realism in games I'm very glad they didn't go that route and instead went the fun route.

You really shouldn't be talking like you're some kind of authority on the matter if you werent't here for Tri's release.

Generations is not part of the "core audience". World plays more like a classic MH game due to its grounded gameplay and lack of styles and special moves aka hunting arts.