FFXVI doesn't have a teenage protagonist, because... Old Lives Matter!

FFXVI doesn't have a teenage protagonist, because... Old Lives Matter!

Attached: 1656942718169.jpg (1280x960, 227.71K)

WoW is a disease
yoshit piss is the cure

>getting BTFO in
>makes this

lol

It does, he just grows up over the course of the game
>b-but Young Clive isn't a teen he is 20+
Then what does it matter? Lightning, Noctis, Cloud, Tidus etc are all 20+.

Lightning was 21 and already a cop. Jack was old too, if you want to call him an FF protag.

Why is there so much agecope at Square? These guys are old men in executive positions, they should be wearing suits and ties not this wish-I-was-20 shit.

One of the better parts of Yakuza 7 was because it had a boomer jrpg party. I'm tired of teens, they're overdone.

Attached: 1590588280950.gif (245x225, 76.61K)

>Sage the entire thread
>It gets archived
Sage-user Sama, I kneel

Tidus is 17.

Hope everyone on this thread enjoys FFXVI

Boomer Fantasy XVI

Why jrpgs almost never let you make your own character? It solves every problem. One of the few reasons why I kind of liked ff xiv is that I could make my own boomer wizard character in your typical jrpg game while you still have option to make teenager or whatever you like.

Attached: 1552183878681.jpg (736x952, 81.98K)

they are both a disease including (You) nigger marketer

I would say mostly story reasons. It's hard to write a good story with purpose when the character is a blank slate, since anything that interacts with them can be something you wouldn't picture your character doing. FF7 wouldn't be the same if cloud was whoever the fuck considering his past and relationships with other characters. Trials of Mana have a specific backstory and makes you play trough them because then that becomes another quest in the entire story, but it's particular to that character too.
If you have a blank slate, your character would have to be a literal nobody, and it can work-- is just that JRPG usually already have a story developed like a movie in their head, and a blank character encourages non-sequitur activities like exploration, random open world stuff with no direction, and the ability for every character to do everything so you always have a trifecta of tank-heal-damage.
Oddly enough FFXV is the game most suitable to have custom characters.

He starts out as one, though.

Attached: FFXVI_Clive_Rosfield_Illustration.png (1028x1817, 1.22M)

I hope so too. Didn't much care for XV, but I liked Stranger of Paradise.

Attached: Final_Fantasy_XVI_promo_08.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

The FF series is probably the only franchise where the previous title does not guarantee or even hint at the quality of the next title. It doesn't matter if anyone liked or hated XV or 7R or SoP because every FF game is made by a completely different team under a different director. XVI could be a masterpiece and then XVII the biggest piece of shit ever and vice versa. Hell the games don't even share graphics engines. XIII was made in Crystal Tools, XV in Luminous, 7R in UE4 and XVI is being made on a brand new one they made from scratch exclusively for this project.

??

Attached: 1651275758982.jpg (3840x2160, 1010.83K)

>Onion Knights (maybe)
>Terra
>Squall
>Zidane
>Tidus
>Vaan
Not even half of Final Fantasy games have a teenage protagonist

Last month's interviews confirmed prologue Clive is in his teens, then there's a timeskip to his twenties and another late game to his thirties.

I wonder if they'll take some RDR2 inspiration for the last timeskip and have areas change if you can revisit them. Like in RDR2 there was an area completely deforested when you're playing as John.
I don't expect much change from teens to 20s, since the teens segment may just be prologue stuff, and be just at Rosaria.

>RDR2 open world
>Yoshitpiss says FFXVI no open world because le bad