Wtf was this all about?

wtf was this all about?

Attached: Gamespy-Logo-1-6573.jpg (1280x965, 55.99K)

Stop asking

Attached: Red_Hat_headquarters_at_Raleigh,_North_Carolina,_US_--_9_November_2013.jpg (1247x1230, 575.21K)

keep saying it

i don't know, but it let me play saints row 2 coop back in the day, so i have only good memories with it

Attached: 1326868736680.jpg (192x277, 16.68K)

basically MP netcode and servers, anticheat
and now Epic wants to do the same thing.

>Gamespy client installed on my first Windows ME PC when I was like 10 using dial-up
>used it to play Total Annihilaton, Rainbow Six 3 and Army Men II multiplayer
>would regularly go into the chatrooms and sext with other people as well
Just take me back bros

Attached: 1324530942199.jpg (236x256, 47.24K)

Its death is the reason Nintendo DS online services and Wii services stopped working.

Attached: 1633033954883.jpg (10000x10000, 2.53M)

It was the company that bought out the failed company mplayer and they gutted everything good about it out and left in the server browser and everyone fucking hated it.

Mplayer was the fucking shit and it took literally like 50 years to finally be spiritually succeeded by discord.

Mplayer was open chatrooms that you connected to like discord and you could use it to directly launch everyone with a button press into the game you wanted to play together. It had mics like discord too.
It also had an internet browser window that you could hack into and set to meatspin for people to see upon joining your cool gamer chat room.

t.super old fag that used to play army men 2 on mplayer when they were like 9

Attached: ArmyMen2.jpg (2164x1217, 931.12K)

what army men 2 clan?

I didn't even die during that period. It got bought out by another company who said "fuck it" and blew tendies the fuck out.

>tfw you never got into internet that early
fug

yeah most of my clanmates were guys in their 40s that would be like 60-70+ now

You're fucking old.

It's a relic from the older days of the internet where everything was fragmented and you had to go to fileplanets to find patches and mods.

openspy, that is all

aids skrillex is that you?

yeah

>Gamespy is kill
>Forced to host via hamachi

fucking hamachi

should i use hamachi, voobly, gameranger or openspy