Star Ocean: The Divine Force

Even thought Tri-Ace is no more, the key development studio behind past Star Ocean games remained...somewhat, and are now releasing a new game.

Thoughts? Severe fears? The slight chance of hope? If you've played any Star Ocean aside from 2, you might not be too optimistic.

Attached: Star Ocean - The Divine Force.jpg (1523x1898, 2.48M)

>mfw

Attached: Star-Ocean-The-Divine-Force_2022_06-29-22_002.jpg (1920x1080, 850.03K)

The girl at the center looks creepy, ngl.

I liked 5 so I'm disappointed they're scaling back the number of party members per battle. Otherwise, game looks cool based on the first couple of trailers they've put out. I need it to be confirmed that Welch is in and that it takes place post-3 before I become gigaton hype though. I replayed 1 through 5 last year so either way I'm ready for more SO.

Makes you wonder if this dude will ask you for nappy time.

The last good game was 3. I see this potentially being better than 5 but no better than 4 in the end. I'll still buy this trash though.

I don't know why Tri-Ace has never gotten better at faces, and I don't just mean in 3D. Load up PS1 SO2 and check out Rena's portrait. She derpy as all hell.

This game seems to have a plot, unlike 4, so its got that going for it.

SO2 was the last good SO game. SO3 was cringe and crafting it was shit. SO4 was pretty much like SO3 with possibly the most retarded name "Edge Maverick" as the protagonist. I never played SO5, I liked the tiddy witch design but I heard the game as dogshit. No surprise.

SO6 will probably suck as well courtesy of the current year law.

what the fuck is star ocean even about? I got a bit into Star Ocean 2, and it's like a sci-fi fantasy role playing game? In practice the world is like FF6 with some tech but not advanced. But there's Star Trek space ships as well? I can't even remember what the game was even about.

don't worry, they gave everyone a normal name this time

Attached: Star-Ocean-The-Divine-Force_2022_06-29-22_046.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

I can't wait for the same re-used animations from the PS2.

space

They should stick to making battle systems. Everything else they do fucking sucks.

>it's okay when From soft does it

Attached: 1624900042791[1].webm (1138x640, 2.96M)

I like the aesthetic, the world, and even some of the characters. Now if only they actually knew how to make the combat fun it'd be great.

>I never played SO5
The game is much better than what people give it credit for (especially when it was $9.99 physically).

The main issue is the plot revolves around the protagonist wanting to explore other planets, and due to the game being rushed, you literally only go into space to fight the final boss. So if you can live with that, the game is alright.

Attached: Important Lesson.jpg (1920x1080, 452.47K)

None of these games have ever been good, and 5 was the worst of them all. The same people working on them is bad, not good. They are incompetent.

You can already see the re-used enemies from 3 (and then 4, and then 5... and then the mobile games...) in the trailers. Look, its the tree monster, those damn big beak birds, and more!

A new SO ensures us another non-phoned in Sakuraba OST.

Unless I find a way to pirate it on PC, I don't think I'm going to play it. I'm not going to get a console to play a mediocre SO game.

I wanted to like 5, but then they did the balance thing and give late and post-game bosses so much AOE damage

The series basically started and ended with Star Ocean 2. Tri-Ace was struggling money-wise ever since. They'd dump a ton of money into software for graphics and cut-scenes, then go bankrupt, and would have to delay for funding.

Was it always this generic looking? I can't tell if that's Xenoblade, Granurve, Star Ocean, or any other number of anime influenced series.

korean xenoblade clone

Star Ocean was a thing before Xenoblade, newfag.

Attached: 1656699950117.jpg (1280x720, 291.03K)

The graphics were good at the time, but the character design was always generic.